The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 28, 2020, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I received a USPS "snail mail" from Arbiter today regarding this subject.

Usernames, passwords, names, addresses, birth dates, email addresses, and Social Security numbers were all compromised.

Arbiter paid the hacker's ransom demand to delete the stolen files.

Arbiter suggests that we change our passwords and offered two years of free Experian Identity Works Credit 3B to protect our identities.

I got the same as BillyMac.

Aren't you a detective? Or was just back in 1976?
Old Fri Aug 28, 2020, 01:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Take The Money And Run (The Steve Miller Band, 1976) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Aren't you a detective?
Hoo-Hoo

BillyMac is a detective down in Texas
You know he knows just exactly what the facts is
He ain't gonna let those two escape justice
He makes his livin' off of the people's taxes
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Sep 01, 2020, 07:36am
Chain of Fools

Quote:
have a separate savings account for arbiter and several schools that pay by direct deposit. There is a $300 minimum to avoid fees, which is not a problem. Once I get maybe $400-$450 total, I transfer the overage into another account.
Football guy here.
We've been told for years that we needed to get on board with Refpay as it was "coming". Originally, we had one HS that was paying via Refpay and the prevailing thought was, if I don't sign up, I just won't be sent to that high school.

Fast forward to 2019. I eventually signed up for RefPay. I MIGHT get a game check via that method once every two or three seasons. Our region's schools have just never bought in. We still receive a game check at the game site. A handful of schools will send via US Mail after the game.

I note that financial info is not listed as data that was breached although at this point, who knows if Arbiter can be a trusted source of information.

NC is moving off of Arbiter to DragonFly. With the year that 2020 has become, all we have done so far is register for the state and take the Fed exam via DragonFly. Our local assigner is still on Arbiter for local registration but he apparently has had a hack of his own PC network so don't know what happens with him. I have not registered locally yet since we aren't scheduled to play FB now til February
Old Tue Sep 01, 2020, 11:14am
Do not give a damn!!

We register for Arbiter Pay even if the assignment does not come from Arbiter. Many colleges still use some form of Arbiter even if they are assigning games through Blue Zebra for example. Indiana even uses Arbiter Pay at most schools I have been assigned and they have gotten away from the assignment part of the site and are using Eventlink (hate this site) for most assignments.

I still have not gotten any letter from Arbiter about this, but got an email last week.

Peace