The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 16, 2017, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

RefTown question

Paging Camron:

Is there a way to indicate the earliest time I am available to depart for a game? I know I can indicate the earliest time I can start a game, but that’s not very helpful (to me at least) because it doesn’t indicate whether I am able to make it to certain schools on time.

For example if I indicate that I am available “from 7:00,” my assigner has no way of knowing if that means I can drive to the school 30 minutes away from me or the school 3 hours away from me, or both. The only way I can see to indicate that is to write my earliest possible departure time in the comment box.
Old Mon Oct 16, 2017, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Paging Camron:

Is there a way to indicate the earliest time I am available to depart for a game? I know I can indicate the earliest time I can start a game, but that’s not very helpful (to me at least) because it doesn’t indicate whether I am able to make it to certain schools on time.

For example if I indicate that I am available “from 7:00,” my assigner has no way of knowing if that means I can drive to the school 30 minutes away from me or the school 3 hours away from me, or both. The only way I can see to indicate that is to write my earliest possible departure time in the comment box.
The assignors also have at their disposal, the distance you have to drive to any given game location. It is up to them to determine if you can make the distance in time based on the assumption that the available time is for "close-by" games with typical travel times for your area. For long distance games, they need to consider the time and distance.

I do have it on my "to-do" list to actually automate that to make your available time variable based on distance so an assignor does have to watch for that themselves.
Old Fri Aug 16, 2019, 10:52am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I'm going to be working JuCo ball for a supervisor who uses RefTown, so you might be hearing from me either here or through FB if I run into any roadblocks. I have a DB Mgmt background, so I'm usually pretty good at navigating my way through new apps.
Old Fri Aug 16, 2019, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I'm going to be working JuCo ball for a supervisor who uses RefTown, so you might be hearing from me either here or through FB if I run into any roadblocks. I have a DB Mgmt background, so I'm usually pretty good at navigating my way through new apps.
I welcome any and all feedback.

If you find anything that seems odd or have ideas for improvement, feel free to email me, text me, or even call me. I frequently take customer suggestions and implement them, sometimes the same day.