The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Aug 31, 2019, 04:07pm
Administrator

New NCAA Shirts and Jackets.

Just seeking opinions regarding the new shirts and jackets. My personal position is that I am glad that I retired after the 2007-08 season. I did not like that new jackets that we went to for the 2007-08 season and these new shirts and jackets downright ugly.

I would prefer that both H.S. and college (men and women) would go to the gray with black pin strips shirts. I also do not like the high collar jackets that some states are going adopting (Ohio allows them). The current IAABO jacket (the style I mean) is still the best looking, understated and professional.

Just my two cents.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sat Aug 31, 2019, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Post some pictures.
Old Sun Sep 01, 2019, 12:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Just seeking opinions regarding the new shirts and jackets. My personal position is that I am glad that I retired after the 2007-08 season. I did not like that new jackets that we went to for the 2007-08 season and these new shirts and jackets downright ugly.
I was not in love with the change of the first time from the all-Black CCA Jacket either. I did not like the look, but it grew on me. And I liked it because it stopped high school officials, for the most part, wearing that jacket, which was very good IMO. I am also not in love with the New NCAA Men's Jacket, but I am sure it will grow on me. I wish it was a little heavier, but I get it.

Quote:
I would prefer that both H.S. and college (men and women) would go to the gray with black pin strips shirts.
Men's and women's basketball is different so I have no issues if they are different. I do not work women's basketball so honestly, do not care what they do. I did not really like the gray shirts. They were a novelty at the time but quickly were not a good look on most officials. I kind of treat this like softball and baseball. There needs to be a difference as far as I am concerned. So when you work a game at one of the other, you have to think about what you are wearing.

Quote:
I also do not like the high collar jackets that some states are going adopting (Ohio allows them). The current IAABO jacket (the style I mean) is still the best looking, understated and professional.
I have no issues the newer jacket. I think they look more athletic and look modern. I bought one for Indiana over a year ago. After using that jacket all year I bought one for Illinois. I would have preferred if the newer NCAA Jacket was like that jacket on some level. But it is close in style, but not in total fabric or design.

Peace
Old Sun Sep 01, 2019, 01:03am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I was not in love with the change of the first time from the all-Black CCA Jacket either. I did not like the look, but it grew on me. And I liked it because it stopped high school officials, for the most part, wearing that jacket, which was very good IMO. I am also not in love with the New NCAA Men's Jacket, but I am sure it will grow on me. I wish it was a little heavier, but I get it.

Men's and women's basketball is different so I have no issues if they are different. I do not work women's basketball so honestly, do not care what they do. I did not really like the gray shirts. They were a novelty at the time but quickly were not a good look on most officials. I kind of treat this like softball and baseball. There needs to be a difference as far as I am concerned. So when you work a game at one of the other, you have to think about what you are wearing.

I have no issues the newer jacket. I think they look more athletic and look modern. I bought one for Indiana over a year ago. After using that jacket all year I bought one for Illinois. I would have preferred if the newer NCAA Jacket was like that jacket on some level. But it is close in style, but not in total fabric or design.

Peace

Jeff:

Fair enough. I guess I am set in my ways, LOL (And Andy and Mark, Jr., would definitely I am set in my ways!). I know then when I started umpiring H.S. baseball and softball everyone from H.S. to college to pro baseball wore the Ebeco shirt and I jumped at the chance to wear the MLB pull over shirt when it was adopted by OhioHSAA.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Sep 01, 2019, 01:04am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Post some pictures.

You mean you haven't seen the new shirt on any of the major officiating/umpiring uniform/equipment company websites?

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio