View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 01, 2019, 12:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Just seeking opinions regarding the new shirts and jackets. My personal position is that I am glad that I retired after the 2007-08 season. I did not like that new jackets that we went to for the 2007-08 season and these new shirts and jackets downright ugly.
I was not in love with the change of the first time from the all-Black CCA Jacket either. I did not like the look, but it grew on me. And I liked it because it stopped high school officials, for the most part, wearing that jacket, which was very good IMO. I am also not in love with the New NCAA Men's Jacket, but I am sure it will grow on me. I wish it was a little heavier, but I get it.

Quote:
I would prefer that both H.S. and college (men and women) would go to the gray with black pin strips shirts.
Men's and women's basketball is different so I have no issues if they are different. I do not work women's basketball so honestly, do not care what they do. I did not really like the gray shirts. They were a novelty at the time but quickly were not a good look on most officials. I kind of treat this like softball and baseball. There needs to be a difference as far as I am concerned. So when you work a game at one of the other, you have to think about what you are wearing.

Quote:
I also do not like the high collar jackets that some states are going adopting (Ohio allows them). The current IAABO jacket (the style I mean) is still the best looking, understated and professional.
I have no issues the newer jacket. I think they look more athletic and look modern. I bought one for Indiana over a year ago. After using that jacket all year I bought one for Illinois. I would have preferred if the newer NCAA Jacket was like that jacket on some level. But it is close in style, but not in total fabric or design.

Peace