View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 01, 2019, 01:03am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I was not in love with the change of the first time from the all-Black CCA Jacket either. I did not like the look, but it grew on me. And I liked it because it stopped high school officials, for the most part, wearing that jacket, which was very good IMO. I am also not in love with the New NCAA Men's Jacket, but I am sure it will grow on me. I wish it was a little heavier, but I get it.

Men's and women's basketball is different so I have no issues if they are different. I do not work women's basketball so honestly, do not care what they do. I did not really like the gray shirts. They were a novelty at the time but quickly were not a good look on most officials. I kind of treat this like softball and baseball. There needs to be a difference as far as I am concerned. So when you work a game at one of the other, you have to think about what you are wearing.

I have no issues the newer jacket. I think they look more athletic and look modern. I bought one for Indiana over a year ago. After using that jacket all year I bought one for Illinois. I would have preferred if the newer NCAA Jacket was like that jacket on some level. But it is close in style, but not in total fabric or design.

Peace

Jeff:

Fair enough. I guess I am set in my ways, LOL (And Andy and Mark, Jr., would definitely I am set in my ways!). I know then when I started umpiring H.S. baseball and softball everyone from H.S. to college to pro baseball wore the Ebeco shirt and I jumped at the chance to wear the MLB pull over shirt when it was adopted by OhioHSAA.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio