The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 19, 2019, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Back To The Bench

Well...my HS season is done since I am not working any tournament games. This is the last regular season week for the boys here in Indiana. Girls State Finals are this weekend and the program/school I used to coach with and the one my kids went/go to is in the 4A finals (Big Schools) which is kinda cool. I know Varsity HC , AC and Freshman Coaches very well. Congrats to them.

I have about 4-5 days of games left in my youth league to wrap up their season and tournament that I work every year and then I need to let my body start to heal.

This has been a tough season for me physically. I've apparently got bursitis in my right hip, my surgically repaired (back in 99) knee is giving me fits and my lower back feels like I carry a piano most days.

So what do I do to rest my body...Start Coaching of course!

I'm moving back to the bench coaching 8th grade boys for spring AAU season for a program that reached out to me. The head of the program is a former small college player and played professionally in Canada for a few years (winning a title up there). I coached for him last year for the school travel team program (he was JVB Coach and headed up the youth program).
I have reffed with his dad for a few years.

I'm humbled that he asked me to be a part of his coaching staff. As guys that work with younger players and HS kids go, he's one that "gets it". First class guy with a well run program.

I promise to be easy on the guys in stripes!

I'll still lurk around but wanted to say thanks to you guys out here on this board. Always reading and sometimes commenting and for sure learning, shaping ideas and helping your fellow officials. Best of luck to those of you working tourney time.
Old Tue Feb 19, 2019, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

On behalf of the NF, thanks a ton for all you've done in support of interscholastic basketball.

---> passing you a jar of tiger balm and a pack of frozen peas to treat your injuries