The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 01, 2018, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Charleston vs. Auburn play

Can someone re-post the play in last season's NCAA tournament where the Charleston player may have been fouled on a 3 point try very late in the game. No call on the play. Would like to use the play in a presentation. Have to run so I don't have time to search for it. Thanks so much!
Old Thu Nov 01, 2018, 11:32am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyu2 View Post
Can someone re-post the play in last season's NCAA tournament where the Charleston player may have been fouled on a 3 point try very late in the game. No call on the play. Would like to use the play in a presentation. Have to run so I don't have time to search for it. Thanks so much!
What round was the game if you do not mind telling me. I might still have this on my DVR, but about to get rid of all the NCAA stuff.

Peace
Old Thu Nov 01, 2018, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What round was the game if you do not mind telling me. I might still have this on my DVR, but about to get rid of all the NCAA stuff.

Peace
1st round 4 vs 13 game.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!
Old Thu Nov 01, 2018, 12:32pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyu2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

Peace
During the subsequent rebounding action there was a foul and the wrong shooter was put on the free throw line.
Old Sat Nov 03, 2018, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Auburn tricked unknowing refs
And because of this situation, starting in the 2019 tournament, a designated alternate will be at a site for all the games for the first round. Before the "R" on other games would be the alternate official before or after their assigned game. Now the NCAA will bring in an official who will sit at the table for all the games at the site; like they do for the Sweet 16 and Final Four. This alternate official will most likely an "up an coming" one who was on the cusp of getting a tournament assignment and will finally get his chance.

2018 NCAA Tournament: Why referee John Higgins won't work Final Four
Now if there is an administration error or problem during the game that the alternate could have prevented, only that game crew will be affected. Unlike before, the previous "R" who used to sit at the table, will not be affected to advancing on to the tournament. In the D1 fraternity officials, this is also known as the "John Higgins Rule."