The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 07, 2018, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas4yf View Post
In terms of top to bottom competitive within league over the years in the SFV, I'd say 1. Mission by a log shot ... 2. Foothill. Who would you place above them? And at the time of that game they were tied for first.

I'm certainly not saying Foothill is the second most competitive league in all of Southern Section. Not by a country mile. Though I will give you I have not done a game up there this year and glancing at maxpreps suggests its a down year for the league in general.
I guess if you just mean competitive internally, I couldn't tell you. But based on this year, doesn't seem an especially strong league. And having no D1 schools suggests they weren't that strong the past couple of years. Del Rey is awfully strong. Trinity is rough.

Definitely agree re Mission--it's a brutal league. (Of course, I'm biased as my son plays in it, but no easy games in that league.) I do like that it has committed to three refs and seems to get above average crews--drives me nuts to get to playoffs and have two-man teams after having three all regular season (and not necessarily top crews from my comfy seats in the bleachers
. . .).
Old Wed Feb 07, 2018, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
I guess if you just mean competitive internally, I couldn't tell you. But based on this year, doesn't seem an especially strong league. And having no D1 schools suggests they weren't that strong the past couple of years. Del Rey is awfully strong. Trinity is rough.

Definitely agree re Mission--it's a brutal league. (Of course, I'm biased as my son plays in it, but no easy games in that league.) I do like that it has committed to three refs and seems to get above average crews--drives me nuts to get to playoffs and have two-man teams after having three all regular season (and not necessarily top crews from my comfy seats in the bleachers
. . .).
Totally agree on Del Rey and Trinity. Like I said, Southern Section as a whole definitely has stronger leagues than the Foothill. My comment was strictly isolated to the SFV units area of coverage.

And also agree it's a positive that Mission League uses three officials. It makes for a better game overall. Foothill used three as well up until this season I believe.