The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

How many of you long switch vs. not? I prefer to do it and tell guys that if I'm the R, but if 2/3 don't want to, I don't push the issue. It seems like most don't want to around here. I prefer to do it because evaluators always want us doing it and it's hard to do it if you're not in the habit of doing it. I've been evaluated 4 times already this year, two of them we didn't realize we were being evaluated until he came into the locker room after the game. I don't want to get dinged on an eval for something that's so simple.
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
How many of you long switch vs. not? I prefer to do it and tell guys that if I'm the R, but if 2/3 don't want to, I don't push the issue.
No long switch here, except as JRut indicated. I'd prefer never. But, if the state wanted "always" (as yours seems to want), I'd always do it and not put it up to a vote (as you seem to do)
Old Fri Jan 05, 2018, 06:30pm
Esteemed Forum Member

They Killed The Goose That Layed The Golden Eggs ...

We tried "no long switches" here in Connecticut a few years ago. Guys got real lazy and used it as a reason (excuse) to never switch, long, short, and everything in between. It lasted a few years, and then we went back to switching on every single foul, all the time, long, short, and everything in between.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)