Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon Jan 09, 2017, 12:42pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
And there is a rule that covers it: it's a technical foul. The rest of this seems to be trying to justify not enforcing that rule and still finding something to call against the defender.

(I have seen that T called once in a V boys game many years ago. There was a foot of space between the defender and the attacker when the defender screamed and flung himself backward -- and the official was in exactly the right spot to see that space.)
That's for "faking being fouled" and I find that to be wholly different. A player falling to the floor and then tripping a player who's trying to land is different, although there will be people here who claim the defender is entitled to every spot on the floor behind him when he established LGP.

I've called this technical foul once. Same scenario you posted. I ended up whacking the coach, too, which I knew was going to happen the second I called the initial technical foul. Didn't care, either. I had already talked to the player and the coach about that kid's tendency to throw himself backwards and they didn't heed what I said.