The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   What T do you regret the most? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101817-what-t-do-you-regret-most.html)

ODog Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by w_sohl (Post 992931)
... Coach didn't agree with my call and took his glasses off and asked if I needed them. ... To this day I think he was testing me there to see what my response was and he would have appreciated the comment more.

If that was a test, then you passed. If you let a coach do that to you and DON'T issue a technical, you have failed yourself.

constable Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 992882)
Screaming "Jesus Christ" is a widely known profanity...giving the coach a T for that has nothing to do with religion or staying out of religion.

No way am I whacking a coach for saying Jesus Christ to his kids in the huddle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

constable Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:43am

The only T I regret is the one I didn't call.

BlueDevilRef Sun Nov 13, 2016 08:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 992935)

In the huddle? Not even likely to hear it. Scream it across the gym? Really depends on context. It's not automatic but would catch my attention.

constable Sun Nov 13, 2016 08:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef (Post 992946)
In the huddle? Not even likely to hear it. Scream it across the gym? Really depends on context. It's not automatic but would catch my attention.

If it is screamed at me then sure. But "Jesus Christ Jimmy run the offence" is unlikely to draw my attention.

AremRed Sun Nov 13, 2016 09:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 992936)
The only T I regret is the one I didn't call.

Only one? :D

constable Sun Nov 13, 2016 09:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 992949)
Only one? :D

Hahaha not many slip through the cracks.

The one I can recall was going over to tell a HC he lost his coaching box thanks to his meathead assistant. I explained by rule after a bench T blah blah blah.

Assistant coach says "I'm surprised you know that rule". I let him stay in the game and have never forgot about it.

rockyroad Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 992883)
Good Lord Rocky,

(I'm sure you will T me for that), "Jesus Christ" has nothing to do with religion? Why else do you consider it profanity?

That's not what I said...I said giving a T for screaming it has nothing to do with religion.

BigT Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:06am

This one is tough. Was he serious or did you have enough of a relationship he was teasing you?

BigT Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 992935)

Sorry this was not in a huddle. They did something on the court and he screamed at the top of his lungs JC. I would never T up a coach for something only I can hear that is not a personal attack at me.