The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Ejection Penn State Michigan State

Preceded by offensive foul. What do you think about the call on Taylor?

Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 01:03pm
beware big brother

What's the problem? Looks like an easy ejection. Coach clearly deserved both T's. He might not like original foul call. Too bad for him it was the right call even if it probably didn't come from the right official. Even if the call was wrong, his actions more than merited both T's. The guy is and always has been a dumbass!
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 01:59pm
Esteemed Participant

Not sure I would have made that call from C with my 2 partners both right there looking at it...but it was a foul. And reading lips is not my strong point, but it sure looks like he said "That's a disgrace. F@ck you. F@ck you." Sooo...pretty easy ejection.

I am really tired of all the post-T antics by coaches. All the charging toward officials and having to be "held back" by a player or assistant coach. Seems like the NCAA needs to up the ante on those type of situations. Not sure what they can do, but maybe a suspension or fine? Something needs to be slapped on them.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 02:05pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Not sure I would have made that call from C with my 2 partners both right there looking at it...but it was a foul. And reading lips is not my strong point, but it sure looks like he said "That's a disgrace. F@ck you. F@ck you." Sooo...pretty easy ejection.

I am really tired of all the post-T antics by coaches. All the charging toward officials and having to be "held back" by a player or assistant coach. Seems like the NCAA needs to up the ante on those type of situations. Not sure what they can do, but maybe a suspension or fine? Something needs to be slapped on them.
As far as I'm concerned, if a coach charges and has to be "held back" by his staff or team, that should be an automatic T.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

I realize that there wasn't a lot going on in his primary, but there were 3 matchups in or in very close proximity to his primary when he made that call. I don't mind people reaching to get elephants in my pca, but that was a pretty egregious reach IMO. With that being said, it was the right call and IDK how the L missed that. He had two opportunities to call that hook on the offensive player and didn't make either.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 02:09pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
As far as I'm concerned, if a coach charges and has to be "held back" by his staff or team, that should be an automatic T.
Oh for sure...I guess I am talking more about after the ejection has been signalled. This coach was given the heave-ho, started to walk away, and then charged at the official and had to be "restrained" by an assistant.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

I'm waiting for a certain poster to appear and talk about how the official could have used better communication skills to keep the coach in the game.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
I'm waiting for a certain poster to appear and talk about how the official could have used better communication skills to keep the coach in the game.
Maybe something like this would work...

Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
As far as I'm concerned, if a coach charges and has to be "held back" by his staff or team, that should be an automatic T ejection.
I fixed that for you.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Someone on the PSU bench got a T in the second half, as well.

Bunch of whiners.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
With that being said, it was the right call and IDK how the L missed that. He had two opportunities to call that hook on the offensive player and didn't make either.
So maybe that's why Tom Eades got it from C?
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
So maybe that's why Tom Eades got it from C?
I'm just confused why he was watching down there when that's across the lane and he has one, soon to be 3 match ups in his primary. I guess that's why he's doing NCAA and I'm slumming it in JV/V games.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

The L didn't see the hook because it happened with the inside arm. The T or C would have the most definitive view of that foul.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Just fightin' for his guys.
Old Mon Feb 29, 2016, 04:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
Just fightin' for his guys.
All the way to the locker room. I love sports euphemisms. They really make people sound dumb. It's as though things that happen in sport occur in a vacuum and are excluded from common social norms.