The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   What do you have in this clip? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100949-what-do-you-have-clip.html)

deecee Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:13pm

What do you have in this clip?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Toz5IPCWfeE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1) first time viewing
2) subsequent times

JRutledge Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:18pm

I do not have anything at this point on either the first look or the second look. It looks to me like his left foot is the pivot foot and he does not move that foot.

Peace

BigCat Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:24pm

I would make the player a criminal defendant. 1st view…and 2nd

Adam Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:24pm

1st view, nothing.
Subsequent view: Looks to me like he gathers the dribble with both feet on the floor, proceeds to move his right foot (left now the pivot) and shoots. I've got nothing. Was this controversial or something?

BigCat Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 981966)
1st view, nothing.
Subsequent view: Looks to me like he gathers the dribble with both feet on the floor, proceeds to move his right foot (left now the pivot) and shoots. I've got nothing. Was this controversial or something?

keep watching

HokiePaul Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:25pm

I didn't notice this until about the 5th time, but check out the kid in white who ends up on the floor.

Unfortunately, without replay we all probably miss this, but the kid in black (#20 something) should be done for the night for a flagrant foul.

Adam Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:25pm

Crap, I completely missed the punch focusing on the shooter.

Damn.

Smitty Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 981964)
I do not have anything at this point on either the first look or the second look. It looks to me like his left foot is the pivot foot and he does not move that foot.

Peace

I think he's referring to what looks like a punch to the gut after the shot by the player in black in the paint (not the shooter). I didn't catch it the first time because like JRut, I was looking at the shooter. But it looks like a deliberate punch, although the video is fuzzy and it's a tough angle.

Adam Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokiePaul (Post 981968)
I didn't notice this until about the 5th time, but check out the kid in white who ends up on the floor.

Unfortunately, without replay we all probably miss this, but the kid in black (#20 something) should be done for the night for a flagrant foul.

T should have been watching him come barreling in to the lane and could hve predicted some foul play. He went flying in like he was going to do some damage, IMO. Easy to miss live, though.

BigCat Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 981969)
Crap, I completely missed the punch focusing on the shooter.

Damn.

he said "in this clip" so i was looking for multiple things. thought he was focused on whether post player traveled….. until i saw the punch.

deecee Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:29pm

Ideally the C gets this. This is a great example of being diligent and not bailing to early as the C on a made basket.

I admit I missed it the first time through because I was looking for a travel on the shooter too.

This happened in a playoff game last week.

EDIT: The C doesn't bail here but he's watching the ball which he shouldn't. The L has that. I will observe any any all players as they clear the lane in transition. I have nightmares of stuff like this happening.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:31pm

I think that C should have gotten the contact by Black and it should have been a FTF because the Ball was Dead at the time of the contact.

MTD, Sr.

Adam Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee (Post 981974)
Ideally the C gets this. This is a great example of being diligent and not bailing to early as the C on a made basket.

C has the best angle, but T had "notice" since the kid came flying in from the T's primary. C stayed with the shooter a bit too long.

Answer to your question: Flagrant T on #20.

Smitty Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee (Post 981974)

I admit I missed it the first time through because I was looking for a travel on the shooter too.

This happened in a playoff game last week.

EDIT: The C doesn't bail here but he's watching the ball which he shouldn't. The L has that. I will observe any any all players as they clear the lane in transition. I have nightmares of stuff like this happening.

I'm guessing this went uncalled/unnoticed at the time. Once this video got out, was there any feedback to the crew for missing this?

deecee Mon Feb 22, 2016 02:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 981979)
I'm guessing this went uncalled/unnoticed at the time. Once this video got out, was there any feedback to the crew for missing this?

I don't know the crew or what happened. I assume there was because this has been emailed to our whole association as an FYI.

I have nightmares about being in an FYI video as well.