The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

OT - Chicago Area Officials

I know we have some officials in the Chicagoland area on this board. I just found out late last week that I'm going to be traveling to the Windy City in early June. Thought it might be nice to get together and meet a few fellow officials if anyone's interested and has the time to do it. I'll be attending a conference downtown from June 1-3. Likely flying in sometime on May 31(trying to get in earlier rather than later to give myself a little more tourist or golfing time ) and departing the evening of June 4 or sometime on June 5.

If anyone's interested in getting together for lunch or dinner one day, maybe hit a Cubs game, or whatever, feel free to send me a PM.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 03:47pm
certified Hot Mom tester

As someone who grew up on the Great South Side (White Sox territory), I see you're wanting to go to a cubs (scrubs) game. I'm sure you'll like it, since their games are some of the best comedy shows in town.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
As someone who grew up on the Great South Side (White Sox territory), I see you're wanting to go to a cubs (scrubs) game. I'm sure you'll like it, since their games are some of the best comedy shows in town.
While I am an admitted Cubs fan, I'd actually go to either, but I've already checked the schedule and the Sox are out of town the entire time I'll be there.

What would be really cool is if the Blackhawks make it to the Stanley Cup Finals as the top seed and I can get a ticket to game 1(June 1) or Game 2(June 4). THAT would be cool.

And my biggest dream is that the Bulls are playing into June and I could catch one of their games. But we all know that ain't happening this year.
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
While I am an admitted Cubs fan, I'd actually go to either, but I've already checked the schedule and the Sox are out of town the entire time I'll be there.

What would be really cool is if the Blackhawks make it to the Stanley Cup Finals as the top seed and I can get a ticket to game 1(June 1) or Game 2(June 4). THAT would be cool.

And my biggest dream is that the Bulls are playing into June and I could catch one of their games. But we all know that ain't happening this year.
Darn.....just as I was beginning to sorta kinda like you and stuff....
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 05:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

You lost me when you said Cubs and game in the same sentence.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

Man, tough crowd here!!

I am open to other alternatives as well. As mentioned, I'd like to get a round of golf in somewhere in the area as well while I'm there, so if there's any golfers in the area, let me know. I also plan to run a race on Saturday morning in the Elk Grove Village area out by O'Hare.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 12:52am
Official Forum Member

See, White Sox fans are just jealous of a 97 win team that just added the likes of Heyward, Lackey and Zobrist. Pay no mind to the little brother
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 01:04am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
See, White Sox fans are just jealous of a 97 win team that just added the likes of Heyward, Lackey and Zobrist. Pay no mind to the little brother
I am going to tell you guys like I told you in the fall. Win something first please. You did not win the Pennant. You were in the exact same position we were the year before. At least we lost to the World Series winner.

Peace
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I am going to tell you guys like I told you in the fall. Win something first please. You did not win the Pennant. You were in the exact same position we were the year before. At least we lost to the World Series winner.

Peace

And in which round of the playoffs did you lose to the champs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 01:12am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
And in which round of the playoffs did you lose to the champs??

First round. But most of the players on the team already got rings. When did you was the last time you been to a World Series again?

I will give you a guess how many times we have been in our lifetime.

Peace
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 09:20am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
How could anyone be jealous of a team that hasn't won a World Series in 108 years?
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 09:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
How could anyone be jealous of a team that hasn't won a World Series in 108 years?
That is a typical Cubs fan logic. They think the fact they made the playoffs means something and one run in the playoffs means something. My team (not the Sox) did the exact same thing the year before and I honestly have never bragged about that considering the year before they were in the actual World Series and in 2011 won something. This is the logic I hear all the time. It is kind of funny.

Peace
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 09:25am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That is a typical Cubs fan logic. They think the fact they made the playoffs means something and one run in the playoffs means something. My team (not the Sox) did the exact same thing the year before and I honestly have never bragged about that considering the year before they were in the actual World Series and in 2011 won something. This is the logic I hear all the time. It is kind of funny.

Peace
I am a Phillies fan. I suffer more than I don't.

I do remember the 2 World Series they've won in my lifetime, though, which is 2 more than any Cubs fan under the age of 113 or so can say.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

It's only been 108 years?? Gee nobody has ever brought that up before.

White Sox fans are jealous because the Cubs are the better team, they have more money to spend, and can still draw 30,000 fans per game if the team sucks.

White Sox fans get so damn defensive if any Cubs fan makes so much as a playful jab at the Sox.

Old Tue Feb 23, 2016, 09:54am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
It's only been 108 years?? Gee nobody has ever brought that up before.

White Sox fans are jealous because the Cubs are the better team, they have more money to spend, and can still draw 30,000 fans per game if the team sucks.

White Sox fans get so damn defensive if any Cubs fan makes so much as a playful jab at the Sox.

Drawing 30K if the team sucks isn't something I'd brag about.