The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 09, 2016, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Video Review Tech Question

Sorry for the non-officiating post. I really enjoy the video reviews that JMF, JRutledge and others do (and even how they label them!) - thank you. I'd love to start helping post them myself - can anyone that makes these video clips share what applications they use (and whether they are using Mac/PC)? Much appreciated. Happy to delete the thread and PM if more appropriate - just thinking others might want the info too.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2016, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

It's pretty simple. You can create the video in any tool you like. Export the video to youtube specifications (look on youtube for these) and upload to youtube. Once the video is uploaded youtube provides you with an embed code. Add that code to your post and the video is embedded.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2016, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Just last night as I was reviewing a few posts with videos, I noted that JRutledge had posted quite a few videos lately. It got me thinking about being able to contribute more as well. Heck, I may even get brave and contribute a few of my own videos, with errors, for some good discussion. I worked a tournament a couple weeks ago and I requested videos of all those games, which should arrive any day. I can't wait to take a look at some of those.

I've learned how to pull video off the web and clip it down using Mac OS X iMovie program. It's not too difficult. Now I just need to learn how to do titles and slow them down.
Old Fri Feb 12, 2016, 09:53am
This IS My Social Life

I use Video Pad Video Editor. Maybe not the best, but the simplest-to-use I could find when I was looking around several years ago. Now, some 500 or so clips later, I'm still satisfied with it in the PC format I currently use.
Video Pad Video Editor
Clips made with this program can, for instance, be viewed here:
Sample Clips
I'm guessing those in the MAC realm are able to make and adapt clips much more readily than I can. A good example is the growing, prolific body of work produced by the guy on this forum known I think as "referee99", Greg Austin:
Be a Better Referee He might be a willing resource.
Wish you the best!