The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Bonus not double bonus (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100658-bonus-not-double-bonus.html)

JRutledge Wed Jan 13, 2016 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 976510)
You post without reading. I've never had it happen to me either. The very first thing i said is that if we screw up somebody is going to get screwed. don't let it happen. concentrate, communicate. i think that is what you said. I just went into what i think the rules require if you screw it up.

I'll let others decide if I'm talking about "the rules as it is being discussed."

My comment was not about whether it happened to you one way or the other. My comment was to illustrate that this is very preventable. Just like we have CE that people go back and forth over and almost in every case you can prevent the situation if you slow down. There are many rules that you should learn if you cannot get the basic calls right by being careless. I know the rule for multiple foul, but I am not calling one because I am going to make a decision that will not allow me to go there. And if you determine that you immediately figured out the mistake, I do not see why you could not keep the clock where it is?

Peace

BigCat Wed Jan 13, 2016 04:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 976516)
My comment was not about whether it happened to you one way or the other. My comment was to illustrate that this is very preventable. Just like we have CE that people go back and forth over and almost in every case you can prevent the situation if you slow down. There are many rules that you should learn if you cannot get the basic calls right by being careless. I know the rule for multiple foul, but I am not calling one because I am going to make a decision that will not allow me to go there. And if you determine that you immediately figured out the mistake, I do not see why you could not keep the clock where it is?

Peace

If referee calls the 7th foul on defense of half, isn't aware of 1 and 1, allows offense to inbound the ball. Offense Dribbles ball, 3 seconds run off clock. Whistle. It is a CE. We know 3 seconds ran off clock that shouldn't. The correction is to go back and shoot the 1&1. Rule does not allow us to put that 3 seconds back on. That's just the rule.
If you catch it "immediately" and you can say or want to say you discovered the error, clock shouldn't have started you can. My other point was that you may not want to put the time back either. We have to go to the arrow because of the screwup. If it points to offense they get ball under their basket and you add time. That Makes the situation worse.

JRutledge Wed Jan 13, 2016 04:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 976528)
If referee calls the 7th foul on defense of half, isn't aware of 1 and 1, allows offense to inbound the ball. Offense Dribbles ball, 3 seconds run off clock. Whistle. It is a CE. We know 3 seconds ran off clock that shouldn't. The correction is to go back and shoot the 1&1. Rule does not allow us to put that 3 seconds back on. That's just the rule.
If you catch it "immediately" and you can say or want to say you discovered the error, clock shouldn't have started you can. My other point was that you may not want to put the time back either. We have to go to the arrow because of the screwup. If it points to offense they get ball under their basket and you add time. That Makes the situation worse.

Now you are changing the situation. That is not what happened in the OP. The OP told the teams the wrong FT situation. It was not a situation where we called a foul and did not shoot the FTs. That is very different than what we were talking about from jump. No one is advocating in a CE to put time back on the clock. Part of the CE situation is you go from the POE to make the correction.

Peace

Camron Rust Wed Jan 13, 2016 05:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 976501)
And yet, everybody here knows what we are talking about.

Which is why I posted it as a "minor quibble". I'm not trying to change what anyone is doing, just bringing a bit of information to light.

Dad Wed Jan 13, 2016 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 976542)
Which is why I posted it as a "minor quibble". I'm not trying to change what anyone is doing, just bringing a bit of information to light.

Double bonus! :D

Raymond Wed Jan 13, 2016 08:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad (Post 976543)
Double bonus! :D

Which I'll say sometimes when someone asks why we are shooting 2.

Nevadaref Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 976564)
Which I'll say sometimes when someone asks why we are shooting 2.

I say ten fouls.

Raymond Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 976574)
I say ten fouls.

I say that sometimes also.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk