The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 13, 2015, 09:52am
certified Hot Mom tester

OT - another TV show basketball game

I was watching an old "Dennis the Menace" show yesterday and the episode was about an elementary school basketball game. Both teams had pretty nice looking uniforms, but there was nothing at all on the front of their jerseys. The back of the jerseys had numbers on them but each team's players were numbered from 1 to 9.

The two officials had on the old collared shirts and they were long sleeved. One ref had on light gray slacks and the other had tan slacks. Neither ref had a lanyard and their whistles were metal.

It looked like they called a good game, however.

BTW - Dennis got an assist on the game-winning basket which was made by a teammate named "Stretch" who was six feet tall, way taller than any of the other kids.

Oh yeah, the "back story" of the episode was about townspeople betting on the game.
Old Tue Oct 13, 2015, 12:07pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I was watching an old "Dennis the Menace" show yesterday and the episode was about an elementary school basketball game. Both teams had pretty nice looking uniforms, but there was nothing at all on the front of their jerseys. The back of the jerseys had numbers on them but each team's players were numbered from 1 to 9.

The two officials had on the old collared shirts and they were long sleeved. One ref had on light gray slacks and the other had tan slacks. Neither ref had a lanyard and their whistles were metal.

It looked like they called a good game, however.

BTW - Dennis got an assist on the game-winning basket which was made by a teammate named "Stretch" who was six feet tall, way taller than any of the other kids.

Oh yeah, the "back story" of the episode was about townspeople betting on the game.
A re-make could include Tim Donaghy.
Old Wed Oct 14, 2015, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

THere ought to be one "throwback" game this season when teams wear their old 1970's jerseys and we refs dress up in 1970's type uniforms--maybe even throw in 1970's type "mechanics" to really authenticize the event. Oops I thinking about halloween already
Old Wed Oct 14, 2015, 10:42pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
and we refs dress up in 1970's type uniforms
Do you think MTD Sr. has enough of those to pass around?