The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 04, 2015, 04:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Connecticut, The Land Of Steady Habits ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Billy ...what is the official position by your CIAC on pants in your state?
The CIAC (our state high school sports governing body) doesn't take an opinion on pleats versus flat pants, and neither do our state, and local, IAABO boards. It's left up to the individual choice of each official.

IAABO international did make an unannounced change last year regarding belts: The approved official uniform established by the Executive Committee of IAABO shall be: 1) Long black slacks (beltless and not tapered). (Page 2 of the 2014-15 IAABO Handbook)

Subsequent to IAABO International's change (above), my local board voted (unanimously) to amend our local constitution to read: Article 15: 1) The uniform shall be in accordance with that approved by IAABO, State Board, and (local) Board with the optional addition of an American flag on the back of the shirt - center and one inch below the neckline. An additional option will be that belted slacks may be worn, and if worn, the belt shall be black.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Sep 04, 2015 at 04:18pm.
Old Fri Sep 04, 2015, 04:20pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The CIAC (our state high school sports governing body) doesn't take an opinion on pleats versus flat pants, and neither do our state, and local, IAABO boards. It's left up to the individual choice of each official.

IAABO international did make an unannounced change last year regarding belts: The approved official uniform established by the Executive Committee of IAABO shall be: 1) Long black slacks (beltless and not tapered). (Page 2 of the 2014-15 IAABO Handbook)

Subsequent to IAABO International's change (above), my local board voted (unanimously) to amend our local constitution to read: Article 15: 1) The uniform shall be in accordance with that approved by IAABO, State Board, and (local) Board with the optional addition of an American flag on the back of the shirt - center and one inch below the neckline. An additional option will be that belted slacks may be worn, and if worn, the belt shall be black.

Billy:

Okay. Do you wear belted or beltless and if you wear beltess, what kind?

Does the whole crew have to be the same?

And please tell me that patent leather belts are verboten.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Sep 04, 2015, 04:41pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Constitution State ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Billy: Do you wear belted or beltless and if you wear beltless ... Does the whole crew have to be the same?
When in my little corner of Connecticut:

I wear belted pleated pants for my high school varsity games. I wear belted flat pants for my Catholic middle school games. I don't care what type of pants my partner wears. There are absolutely no guidelines from the CIAC, IAABO International, IAABO State, or my local IAABO board, requiring that both (Connecticut is a two person state for almost all games) officials wear the same type (pleated, or flat) pants.

Same thing for patent leather versus matte shoes, absolutely no guidelines, both officials can have the same shoes, or each can be different.

Officials can work without a lanyard, with a noose lanyard, or with a Smitty lanyard, absolutely no guidelines that both officials hold their whistles in the same manner.

Local guidelines dictate that both officials must either wear pregame jackets, or both will not wear pregame jackets (both must be the same), if, for example, a jacket is accidentally left at home.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 13, 2015 at 11:54am.