The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 20, 2014, 02:17am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 158
Earthquake

We know that if the field is unplayable after rain with the home team in the lead after four and a half innings, the home team wins (a la Wrigley Field tonight). What if an earthquake halts play after four and a half innings with the home team in the lead due to structural damage in the stadium? What if the earthquake leads to only a power outage? Are those official games than can be called early?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 20, 2014, 08:57am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
We know that if the field is unplayable after rain with the home team in the lead after four and a half innings, the home team wins (a la Wrigley Field tonight). What if an earthquake halts play after four and a half innings with the home team in the lead due to structural damage in the stadium? What if the earthquake leads to only a power outage? Are those official games than can be called early?
It's a league issue based on the particular rule set and the league rules on suspensions vs. regulation games.

Generally, if it has become a regulation game it's over.

Pro rules shouldn't be used for amateur games.
__________________
Rich Ives
Different does not equate to wrong
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 20, 2014, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Greensboro,NC
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
We know that if the field is unplayable after rain with the home team in the lead after four and a half innings, the home team wins (a la Wrigley Field tonight). What if an earthquake halts play after four and a half innings with the home team in the lead due to structural damage in the stadium? What if the earthquake leads to only a power outage? Are those official games than can be called early?
It depends if it is a day game or night game in a odd number month!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Wed Aug 20, 2014, 05:13pm
Archaic Power Monger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP45 View Post
It depends if it is a day game or night game
One of the few times this could actually be relevant!
__________________
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 08:02am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post

Pro rules shouldn't be used for amateur games.
But they often are, much to my happiness. A summer collegiate league I assign utilizes OBR with a couple exceptions (10-run rule; NCAA FPSR; collision rule). Yet another I work also utilizes OBR. Up until a couple years ago, NAIA utilized OBR, until they went to NCAA. (However, they retain several OBR exceptions.)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 09:18am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
But they often are, much to my happiness. A summer collegiate league I assign utilizes OBR with a couple exceptions (10-run rule; NCAA FPSR; collision rule). Yet another I work also utilizes OBR. Up until a couple years ago, NAIA utilized OBR, until they went to NCAA. (However, they retain several OBR exceptions.)
I meant the pro suspended game rules. Sorry for any confusion.
__________________
Rich Ives
Different does not equate to wrong
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,458
No power? No instant replay. No game.

Oh, and not to mention to TV and radio, which pay the bills.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 10:12pm
Is this a legal title?
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
A summer collegiate league I assign utilizes OBR with a couple exceptions (10-run rule; NCAA FPSR; collision rule).
I got a fantastic deal on a utilized car a few months ago!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1