LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brian43
Quote:
Originally posted by oreillywv
A new bat design is on the market, called MetalWood. See http://www.metalwood.com It has an aluminum handle and a wood head.
metalwood bats are terrible. i've used them and the only thing they are useful for is batting practice so you can save your good bats for the game. i think all baseball above little league should go real wood...not metalwood. that metal wood bat is seriously garbage. i know it would be safer than the current metal bats but just make it a blunt transition so they know the seriousness and go straight to wood.

kids swinging a 33"/30 oz. aluminum would have no problem with a 32" wood bat for a little bit then they can step back to a 33" after a dozen times of BP. they will notice that they arent hitting 5,000 MPH shots back at the pitcher, and they will notice that it makes for a better game.

Quote:
The high school mound-plate distance needs to be increased to the college specs.
HS is already at 60'6" mound distance and 90' bases, so unless they want to go farther than the MLB does i dont see any changes on the way. college is also 60/90 and they arent going anywhere. the only solution is the bats, and make em go straight to wood.

[Edited by brian43 on Jul 28th, 2003 at 10:43 AM]
Several pewople raised the same question, so it must have been the poorly stated presentation. Sorry.I was referring to softball, not baseball, re the distaance from mound to home plate. Thanks for helping clear this up. Pat O'Reilly