The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 07:03am
Stop staring at me swan.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Blue View Post
Since anyone can go.....what is the prestige in going.
In fact, many organizations will simply tell umpires to not even put CDP on their umpire resume b/c anybody can go.
__________________
It's like Deja Vu all over again
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 11:38am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aurora CO
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
Your associates need to lighten up. Kiddies deserve having good umpires at their games, too.
I agree kiddies deserve good umpires.

The "clique" I hang with in my association are all doing high level HS, American Legion, and summertime college level ball. To go to CDP is a huge step down in quality and the kind of games we are accustomed to.

And just try to tell some of the idiot umpires at CDP they are wrong about a rule. I was truly amazed at the lack of professionalism and knowledge by some of the "Big Dogs" there.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 11:41am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aurora CO
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
In fact, many organizations will simply tell umpires to not even put CDP on their umpire resume b/c anybody can go.
Its because it is not much of an honor to be selected to work at CDP that anyone can go so putting it on your resume does not equate to your highest accomplishments
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 03:46pm
Stirrer of the Pot
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Lowcountry, SC
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrumpiresir View Post
And just try to tell some of the idiot umpires at CDP they are wrong about a rule. I was truly amazed at the lack of professionalism and knowledge by some of the "Big Dogs" there.
LOL! As if that's something that solely exists in CDP...
__________________
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 08:00pm
I hate Illinois Nazis
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
LOL! As if that's something that solely exists in CDP...
I see what you did there.
__________________
This is what the Sovereign Lord says: "In the pride of your heart you say, 'I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas.' But you are a mere mortal and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god." (Ezekiel 28:2)
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 08:14pm
Stop staring at me swan.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrumpiresir View Post
Its because it is not much of an honor to be selected to work at CDP that anyone can go so putting it on your resume does not equate to your highest accomplishments
exactly
__________________
It's like Deja Vu all over again
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 08:15pm
Stop staring at me swan.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrumpiresir View Post
I was truly amazed at the lack of professionalism and knowledge by some of the "Big Dogs" there.
I can only imagine how crazy that piece is.
__________________
It's like Deja Vu all over again
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooperstown Week 7 JaxRolo Baseball 0 Tue Feb 21, 2012 08:42am
Cooperstown Dreams Park Tournaments Bainer Baseball 21 Fri Jun 30, 2006 09:37pm
Ump at Cooperstown DreamsPark DrC. Baseball 20 Sun May 01, 2005 05:49pm
Cooperstown Dreamspark jmarateo Baseball 5 Sun Mar 20, 2005 04:35pm
Cooperstown fairump Baseball 2 Fri May 16, 2003 02:59pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1