The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jul 06, 2003, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

This one was weird, PONY tourney rules, starters can re-enter same as FED.Bottom 3rd, visiting managers puts 18 in for 1. Top 4, #18's turn ab comes up but #1 enters the box and takes strike 1. Scorekeeper starts yelping bout it, I tell SK to let the managers manage. Well, by this time, home mgr asks me if we got a BOO, I sez, "you tell me", then visiting mgr pulls 1 and sends 18 up to bat.

Now, under obr, a sub is considered to replace another player when they take thier place in the box/field/or pitching mound. Thus, #1, the starter, re-enterd by taking a pitch and #18, by entering again is now an illegsl sub. I did not have time to talk to field directors bout this one...any thoughts???
Old Sun Jul 06, 2003, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

I don't understand why you didn't answer the home team's coach when he asked you regarding a BOOT. His actions would seem to me as an apparent appeal---which should be ironed out at that point.

So.....with #1 having re-entered by entering the box and then being questioned, why would you then allow #18 to re-enter as an illegal sub at this point? Since questions regarding the proper batter are occurring, stop the problem of an illegal sub from happening.

A little cooperation combined with preventative officiating can go a long way..........

Just my opinion,

Freix

Old Sun Jul 06, 2003, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

just got off phone

Quote:
Originally posted by Bfair
I don't understand why you didn't answer the home team's coach when he asked you regarding a BOOT. His actions would seem to me as an apparent appeal---which should be ironed out at that point.

So.....with #1 having re-entered by entering the box and then being questioned, why would you then allow #18 to re-enter as an illegal sub at this point? Since questions regarding the proper batter are occurring, stop the problem of an illegal sub from happening.

A little cooperation combined with preventative officiating can go a long way..........

Just my opinion,

Freix
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~`
Here's the lowdown from a PONY rep....#1, sk should have kept mouth SHUT. #2, manager was tipped off by official scorer, not himself or one of his coaches(they cannot have a book outside dugout, ie parent in the stands)#3 It is the managers job to know the substitution rule, if they enter an illegal sub, we are to let them do it and the opposing team must appeal it. These are qualifying tourneys to try to advance to world series, the powers that be have spoken on how they want this called...