View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 06, 2003, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

just got off phone

Quote:
Originally posted by Bfair
I don't understand why you didn't answer the home team's coach when he asked you regarding a BOOT. His actions would seem to me as an apparent appeal---which should be ironed out at that point.

So.....with #1 having re-entered by entering the box and then being questioned, why would you then allow #18 to re-enter as an illegal sub at this point? Since questions regarding the proper batter are occurring, stop the problem of an illegal sub from happening.

A little cooperation combined with preventative officiating can go a long way..........

Just my opinion,

Freix
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~`
Here's the lowdown from a PONY rep....#1, sk should have kept mouth SHUT. #2, manager was tipped off by official scorer, not himself or one of his coaches(they cannot have a book outside dugout, ie parent in the stands)#3 It is the managers job to know the substitution rule, if they enter an illegal sub, we are to let them do it and the opposing team must appeal it. These are qualifying tourneys to try to advance to world series, the powers that be have spoken on how they want this called...