The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   San Diego Steve (Steve Meyers) (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/82262-san-diego-steve-steve-meyers.html)

kylejt Thu Oct 13, 2011 04:40pm

Don't suck.

A buddy of mine had the same valve replacement, and was back on the field in no time. Hope things go as smoothly for you.

(Before my friend went under, he tapped the doc on the chest, and repeated the above phrase)

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 13, 2011 09:53pm

Hello everyone!

The doctor definitely did NOT suck today!!!

I just got home from the hospital. I went into the O.R. at 2:21 PM, and woke up at 4:15 PM. They were running late, and I was #3 on the list for the day. Despite the high-risk surgery, the doctors told me my heart came through it really well!!! That is great news for when my aortic valve has to be replaced in the near future.

The doctor (who I have known for about 8 years, great guy...Dr. Brian Weeks), removed both tonsils and a polyp on my voice box. The cancer was not on the tonsils or the base of my tongue, but on the voice box itself, and it spread to first the left lymph node, and now is starting in the right lymph node. Dr. Weeks believes I WILL NOT need chemo, but probably radiation only!! That would be great news!!

Dr. Weeks has always known that I umpire baseball, and always wants to talk baseball with me, and we were watching the Tigers/Rangers game together for a bit while I was waiting to go to surgery. It was 2-1 Tigers when they wheeled me to the O.R. Dr. Weeks is a fairly young doctor, 30-something, and knows the game of baseball pretty well! He also is one of the top-rated ENT doctors in the state, so I'm in good hands.

Thank you to each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes!!!

And thanks to God, The Great Physician, for all His goodness!!!

Bob James Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45pm

Deo Gratias!

Our prayers have been answered. I pray the lymph node involvement is containable. God is great!

And good on you, Steve, for being that one leper. Steve will know what I mean.

Mrumpiresir Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00am

As a "brother in blue" I hope you get well soon and get back on the diamond.
Best Wishes.

SanDiegoSteve Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob James (Post 793457)
Deo Gratias!

Our prayers have been answered. I pray the lymph node involvement is containable. God is great!

And good on you, Steve, for being that one leper. Steve will know what I mean.

I do. Thank you!

David B Fri Oct 14, 2011 03:08am

Praying for you

Steve, hope all goes well, praying for you and your family.

Thanks
David

JJ Fri Oct 14, 2011 01:44pm

Keep the ice cream coming. We're right there with you.

JJ

SanDiegoSteve Fri Oct 14, 2011 01:52pm

You would think so...

I was this close to getting ice cream, when my wife found out on a website that ice cream causes phlegm, so now I just get sherbet and non-dairy frozen treats. But lots and lots of these!:cool:

LilLeaguer Fri Oct 14, 2011 04:08pm

Best wishes

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 793650)
I was this close to getting ice cream, when my wife found out on a website that ice cream causes phlegm, so now I just get sherbet and non-dairy frozen treats. But lots and lots of these!:cool:

Then look forward to the day when you can have ice cream again!

Here's to a speedy recovery, and just as successful outcomes in your future procedures.

Rita C Fri Oct 14, 2011 06:24pm

Glad all is well.

Rita

ozzy6900 Fri Oct 14, 2011 08:51pm

Yeah, yeah so you're doing great....... how long until you can medicate with Jack Daniels? :D:D

SanDiegoSteve Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 793713)
Yeah, yeah so you're doing great....... how long until you can medicate with Jack Daniels? :D:D

They didn't even issue me any decent drugs!!:confused:

SAump Sun Oct 16, 2011 09:01pm

Best wishes

For a quick and thorough recovery.

johnnyg08 Sun Oct 16, 2011 09:47pm

Glad everything went well Steve. Always in our thoughts...welcome back! Keep fighting the fight!!!

Texas Aggie Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:43pm

Tonsils are not an easy surgery for an adult -- or at least, weren't in 2 cases of friends around a decade or so ago. Perhaps they've improved and the fact that you seem to be in a good mood and do seem to be absolutely miserable is really good!

Good news and great wishes for a speedy recovery. Can they remove the lymp node in question?