The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   San Diego Steve (Steve Meyers) (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/82262-san-diego-steve-steve-meyers.html)

BigUmp56 Thu Oct 13, 2011 08:06am

San Diego Steve (Steve Meyers)

Please keep Steve and his family in your thoughts today, brothers. He's having surgery to remove his tonsils, which are cancerous, and the cancer has spread to his lymph nodes. He sent me a message yesterday and seemed pretty distressed over the ordeal. Steve has a bad heart and is scheduled for an aortic valve replacement in November. His heart condition makes this a high risk surgery. When he wakes up and feels up to looking at the forums again, a few kind words from his friends here would go a long way in helping him to recover. We go back and forth here over umpiring issues, and sometimes forget that we actually share a bond more common than that of umpiring baseball.

Thanks, guys,

Tim.

LMan Thu Oct 13, 2011 08:23am

So sorry to hear of this :( Will keep you in prayer, Steve, for a quick and full recovery. Don\'t be gone long!

Welpe Thu Oct 13, 2011 08:31am

Thanks for letting us know, Tim.

Steve, keeping you in my prayers, buddy. You\'re onery enough, I know you\'ll pull through this!

bob jenkins Thu Oct 13, 2011 08:49am

Best luck for a speedy recovery. You\'ll be back yelling at the coaches in no time.

MD Longhorn Thu Oct 13, 2011 08:55am

Steve, all my best wishes... we look forward to bantering with you here soon!

nopachunts Thu Oct 13, 2011 09:10am

Steve,
Only the best for you and your family. Will be praying for you, your family, doctors, and nurses.

Tim,
Please update as you can.

umpjong Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:01am

God Bless and Gods speed.

JRutledge Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10am

My prayers I with him and his family. God is in control, he will be OK in the end.

Peace

SanDiegoSteve Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09am

Thank you Tim, and everyone on this forum for all the prayer and well-wishes! I am leaving for the hospital in about an hour, and thought I would just check out the forum one more time before I left. I did not expect this! It\'s very nice of everyone to think of me. I have a lot of people in my corner, and it\'s really great to know that you guys are too! Thanks again. I\'ll post as soon as I can, hopefully tonight!

Steve

ozzy6900 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22am

Enjoy the drugs - come back safe.

yawetag Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:33am

Steve, be safe. We\'ll see you again soon!

REFANDUMP Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45am

Steve, as one who fights the battle of the bulge. I have great admiration for what you\'ve accomplished. I don\'t know you personally, but as a fellow umpire I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

KJUmp Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:48am

Steve, Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.

Rich Ives Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08pm

Steve - get well soon.

dash_riprock Thu Oct 13, 2011 01:53pm

Good luck Steve. Hope all goes well and you are back at everything you wish to do very soon.