The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 09, 2003, 01:34am
Official Forum Member

Is there any scheduling software that is downloadable? I need something to easily schedule upcoming baseball teams for the upcoming spring season.

Any ideas? Thanx in advance
Old Sat Jan 11, 2003, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

I am not aware of free software. I use a package called "easy schedule", which was developed by j.booth, in Ca. Its versatile and easy however your kind of stuck with the format of the reports and you tend to do a lot of unecessary printing. However it is a good package.

There are other software packages out there that have what I call main frame programming mentality. You buy our product and your locked into us for life. Whatever.

If your trying to get sophisticated and use the program for automatically assiging games and tracking the associated costs, then I believe the only true package on the market now is Arbiter. It can get expensive though.

If you just want to list your games out for assigning manually with no fees to track, just try a spreadsheet program like Excel. I personnally use the database Access 97 with "easy schedule". I use my own customized reports, utilizing the data entered in the "easy schedule" program.
Im am developing for my own use, a database using Access 2002. I would be glad to share some tips. If you want to contact me separately. Please do.

Old Mon Jan 27, 2003, 08:07am
Official Forum Member

Talking Game scheduling

I use Diamond Scheduler by John Hall. I've used it for our local LL (4 divisions, 2 fields, 24 teams), our summer league (9 towns, 17 fields, 42 teams, 6 divisions) and Fall ball (4 teams, 1 field). Two of myfavorite things are that it will export your schedule into html format for upload and allows you to set times a field is open and schedule multiple divisions, keeping track of when the field is already occupied to eliminate conflicts.

Computers are a beautiful thing......
Old Wed Jan 29, 2003, 07:27am
Official Forum Member

Talking Diamond Scheduler

I've had various e-mail exchanges with John Hall, the provider. He's been very quick (same day usually) to answer any questions. Also, when you buy a license you can put the code on more than one machine. I have one for doing the schedules, our UIC the takes the file to assign umipires and our treasurer uses it to pay the games fees. Iwas able to figure out most stuff myself but Mr' Hall was able to help me with any question I had. Updates were free for the first year when we first purchased it, I dunno about now. FYI I run it on an old 486/50 laptop with no trouble so horsepower doesn't seem to be an issue. There is no e-mail facility in my version.
Old Wed Jan 29, 2003, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb Re: Diamond Scheduler

will the Diamond Scheduler allow you to export into MS Word or the likes and e-mail out through there?????