Thread: software
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 11, 2003, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

I am not aware of free software. I use a package called "easy schedule", which was developed by j.booth, in Ca. Its versatile and easy however your kind of stuck with the format of the reports and you tend to do a lot of unecessary printing. However it is a good package.

There are other software packages out there that have what I call main frame programming mentality. You buy our product and your locked into us for life. Whatever.

If your trying to get sophisticated and use the program for automatically assiging games and tracking the associated costs, then I believe the only true package on the market now is Arbiter. It can get expensive though.

If you just want to list your games out for assigning manually with no fees to track, just try a spreadsheet program like Excel. I personnally use the database Access 97 with "easy schedule". I use my own customized reports, utilizing the data entered in the "easy schedule" program.
Im am developing for my own use, a database using Access 2002. I would be glad to share some tips. If you want to contact me separately. Please do.