The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 22, 2010, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
From the article: "Vallejo's team was eliminated from the tournament for the assault."

Why punish a bunch of kids because one of their coaches is an idiot? Sure, this guy should be ejected, arrested, fined, jailed, barred from coaching, whatever. But by what rule would you declare a forfeit?
I thinking a tournament rule calls for the penalty.

It puts the onus on each organization to make sure that they have the right people coaching.

A swing and a miss for Vallejo.
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Before you highlight portions of a post please consider highlighting all of the relevant portions of the post. Like the part where I typed "there is no excuse". And until you know me and speak to me and possible understand the reasons for the post keep your opinion of what I may or may not be to yourself.
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Before you highlight portions of a post please consider highlighting all of the relevant portions of the post. Like the part where I typed "there is no excuse". And until you know me and speak to me and possible understand the reasons for the post keep your opinion of what I may or may not be to yourself.

Okay, here is the only relevant part I was addressing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
there are many times the officials deserve to be attacked.
As much as you think stating that there is "no excuse" makes the above statement acceptable, it does not. The fact that you believe that officials, at any time, DESERVE to be attacked speaks volumes.

As a retired professional, I would interested in seeing how consistent your belief is; that is, does it carry over into other situations and groups of individuals?

For instance, would you say that while there is no excuse for beating one's wife, you believe there are those who deserve it?

Or, would you say that while there is no excuse for child abuse, you believe there are those who deserve it?

Did you, as a youth, torture or otherwise abuse small animals?

My offer of counseling is still on the table. PM me and we'll arrange a schedule. I'd guess about three years should handle it.

Last edited by MrUmpire; Fri Jul 23, 2010 at 01:38pm.
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

1) You post an opinion on a public board and then you object when people disagree and post their opinion??

2) I read all of what you said and at best you did a poor job of making your point.
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

I like the part best where Davis claims he was defending himself....
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 01:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
My opinion after reading your original post is that you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself a sports official. You're nothing but a scumbag..and I'll share that opinion with everybody that I know ...or don't know. And you know what? After reading what you wrote, everybody that I shared it with will sureashell agree with me about what you are.

"There are many times that officials DESERVE to be attacked"?????

You're one sad, sick l'il dude.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Fri Jul 23, 2010 at 01:06pm.
Old Fri Jul 23, 2010, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I like the part best where Davis claims he was defending himself....
That simply slays me. I say again, the common weal would be well served if this poltroon was caned publicly.

"The prompt and correct judgements of the honorable umpire elicited applause from the members of both clubs, and their thanks are tendered to him for the gentlemanly manner in which he acquitted himself of that onerous duty." - Niagara Indexensis, May 20th 1872
Old Sat Jul 24, 2010, 04:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I said your point of view was imbecilic. It was. The notion that a common sports official deserves being attacked is preposterous. I chose imbecilic, because it's a kinder, gentler term than some others that apply to your viewpoint.

And you have the temerity to make a statement like that and then come back at us and tell us what to do and plead that knowing you is somehow relevant when it comes to branding you and your statement. Wow!

You showed your level with that absurd post. You go down from there when you come back and defend it.

Bandit: "... there are many times the officials deserve to be attacked."

You wrote that!

And it is indefensible.
Old Sat Jul 24, 2010, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I know I'll get blasted for this......
I think we should have just ignored the troll.
Old Sat Jul 24, 2010, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawetag View Post
I think we should have just ignored the troll.
+1 No need to fuel the fire. Its useless to argue with this kinda person.