The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 27, 2009, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Cliff Keen shirts

Does anyone use Cliff Keen's baseball shirts? If so, what is the opinion of them?
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

I have a few of their shirts and love them.. they are a little thicker than Honigs, well that was the older ones as I bought mine 3 years ago.
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

I bought a couple of the Cliff Keen Signature Series shirts this summer. I didn't care for them . The material was too flimsy. I can't speak for the other shirts that they have but I heard from one official that the colors do not fade as fast with the CK shirts.

I just bought two shirts from Honing this week. $31 with two numbers. The shirts are on sale until the 31st.
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

I have had excellent service from Cliff Keen shirts. Even the first shirts I bought some five years ago are still in the rotation, with no noticeable signs of wear or fading. The collars hold up well, too, which not all brands can claim.

Honig's shirts have also worked well, although given the choice, I prefer the CK shirts for fit and overall appearance.

Bob James

"The prompt and correct judgements of the honorable umpire elicited applause from the members of both clubs, and their thanks are tendered to him for the gentlemanly manner in which he acquitted himself of that onerous duty." - Niagara Indexensis, May 20th 1872
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnSandlin View Post
Does anyone use Cliff Keen's baseball shirts? If so, what is the opinion of them?
This season I bought two Cliff Keene Gerry Davis Signature shirts from GD Sports, at the same time I bought two Honigs. I'll take the GD/Cliff Keen's over the Honigs any day of the week. I agree with the previous poster...I prefer the thickness of the shirt, the collar and the ribbing on the sleeves on the GD/Cliff Keen's over the Honigs...IMO they just fit me better and look better. I'm also not a big fan of the Honig's logo being on the back of the shirt.
That being said, for my college assignment bureau, we have to order our shirts, jackets, and hats from Honigs.
Don't get me wrong...their stuff isn't bad...we're just talking a matter of opinion and personal preference.
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieblue View Post
I have had excellent service from Cliff Keen shirts. Even the first shirts I bought some five years ago are still in the rotation, with no noticeable signs of wear or fading. The collars hold up well, too, which not all brands can claim.

Honig's shirts have also worked well, although given the choice, I prefer the CK shirts for fit and overall appearance.

Bob James
My experience as well.
Old Wed Oct 28, 2009, 02:10pm

I'm very happy with the look, feel and fit of the Smitty Comfort-Tech shirts. Very good quality, low price, light and comfortable. Highly impressed.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Nov 05, 2009, 09:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
I'm very happy with the look, feel and fit of the Smitty Comfort-Tech shirts. Very good quality, low price, light and comfortable. Highly impressed.
Anybody used/have reviews of the Cliff Keen undergarments (carried by GD) that are similar to the McDavid products?
Old Thu Nov 05, 2009, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
One extra important point: The fabric on those shirts is very forgiving when trying to pull it on over your CP. The Cliff Keen, Honig's and PlusPOS all have to be ordered an extra size larger just to enable you to slip them on.
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

I used the Gerry Davis Signature Cliff Keen shirts this year and really like them. The thicker fabric is nice and the look is very sharp. The fabric is not forgiving as far as pulling over your CP, but I was stil able to get away with wearing a XXL.

I did not work a ton during the hot summer months, but when I did the thicker fabric was not an issue. I did notice that their pro blue shirts are a different shade than both the Honigs and +POS shirts, so if matching is important you might check out a different brand.

This off season I picked up some Honig's and Smitty shirts through some good sales. I really like the Smitty ones...the comfort tech fabric feels nice. As far as the Honig's ones are concerned, I had to go up a size and the fabric does not feel as nice. Plus Honig's sewed my flag patches on wrong twice. What part of 2" below the shoulder seam do they not understand. But, they had red shirts, and the light blue with the r/w/b trim which are getting harder to find.
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711 View Post
Anybody used/have reviews of the Cliff Keen undergarments (carried by GD) that are similar to the McDavid products?
I purchased some of the Gerry Davis/ Cliff Keen undershirts this year. They are great at wicking and are extremely comfortable. The fact that the sleeves are cut shorter works well to hide the sleeve under the umpire jersey.

I bought both the mock style and the regular collar style. I prefer the regular color version myself, but both are great.

they are my favorite undershirts for calling games.
Old Fri Nov 13, 2009, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
One extra important point: The fabric on those shirts is very forgiving when trying to pull it on over your CP. The Cliff Keen, Honig's and PlusPOS all have to be ordered an extra size larger just to enable you to slip them on.

Not my experience with the Honigs shirts. I wear an XL on the bases and an XL on the plate with no problems getting the shirt over my cp at all. My cp is a WV Platinum. No the shirt isn't baggy when I'm on the bases.
Old Fri Nov 13, 2009, 02:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFump View Post
Not my experience with the Honigs shirts. I wear an XL on the bases and an XL on the plate with no problems getting the shirt over my cp at all. My cp is a WV Platinum. No the shirt isn't baggy when I'm on the bases.
I think the problem is that you need to stop wearing the WV Platinum on the bases.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Nov 13, 2009, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Ok, I haven't worn my WV on the bases, YET. I have, after being hit in the thigh in the B position, worn my Interawear Hexpad Compression shorts on the bases, sans cup.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Fri Nov 13, 2009, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
Quote:
I think the problem is that you need to stop wearing the WV Platinum on the bases.
If I did that those line drives that hit me in the chest would hurt. It's why I wear my mask and shinguards on the bases also.
Yep, ballbags too! I gotta have some place to put my brush when I'm not cleaning the bases and the pitcher's plate!!

Last edited by NFump; Fri Nov 13, 2009 at 02:49pm.