LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 21, 2009, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Really?

Was that something to disagree with?

Wow, you're really good at this.
You need to stop thinking that everything is about you. NCAA, OBR, NAIA, and NFHS rules are change every year; I assumed everyone on this forum knew that. You asked if there were changes between the 2008 and 2009 versions of a book comparing baseball rules. If there are rule changes for 2009 then obviously the book comparing the differences would have to be changed; pretty simple stuff. Nothing against you personally but if you don't want me to disagree with you then maybe you should think things through more often before you post.
Old Fri Aug 21, 2009, 10:24pm
Stop staring at me swan.

yeah, the 2009 season is basically over...that book is now the old book since there will be 2010 changes.
Old Fri Aug 21, 2009, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
yeah, the 2009 season is basically over...that book is now the old book since there will be 2010 changes.
I can't believe that these guys are accepting these books so late. Is Officiating.com doing something about this? Hopefully they aren't giving out a free membership as that is basically worthless Does anyone still write for them? Seems to be that they just reuse 8 year old articles over and over.
Old Fri Aug 21, 2009, 10:38pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Not sure...the membership is far from free.

When I ordered my BRD in 2008, I got somebody else's invoice with address, name, all kinds of stuff that I wouldn't want somebody else to have. Wonder who got my invoice?
Old Fri Aug 21, 2009, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Not sure...the membership is far from free.
I wasn't commenting on how much they charge for the membership. I was talking about how much it was actually worth.
Old Sat Aug 22, 2009, 12:33am
Official Forum Member

If I attempted to order a 2009 BRD and it wasn't delivered by about February 2009, I would have cancelled the order.
Old Sat Aug 22, 2009, 01:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
You need to stop thinking that everything is about you. NCAA, OBR, NAIA, and NFHS rules are change every year; I assumed everyone on this forum knew that. You asked if there were changes between the 2008 and 2009 versions of a book comparing baseball rules. If there are rule changes for 2009 then obviously the book comparing the differences would have to be changed; pretty simple stuff. Nothing against you personally but if you don't want me to disagree with you then maybe you should think things through more often before you post.
Maybe you should improve your comprehension skills. Mr. Umpire seemed to comprehend my question rather precisely, and gave a reasoned, thorough and concise response.

And with a sense of decency too---despite our locking horns from time-to-time.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Sat Aug 22, 2009 at 01:21am.
Old Sat Aug 22, 2009, 02:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Maybe you should improve your comprehension skills. Mr. Umpire seemed to comprehend my question rather precisely, and gave a reasoned, thorough and concise response.

And with a sense of decency too---despite our locking horns from time-to-time.
You asked two questions. I responded to the first one and Mr. Umpire responded to the second one.
Old Sat Aug 22, 2009, 03:54pm

Quote:
What, if any differences have arisen since the 2008 edition?

Why do we need a new one of these so often?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
You don't realize that the rule change every year?
But what, if any differences have arisen since 2008? That was the question, not whether or not someone happens to realize that rules change.

What are the new rule changes in all codes, Luke? Do you know what they are? Why don't you answer the question as it was asked? Both questions were tied together, calling for a real answer, not a flip one.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Aug 22, 2009, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
But what, if any differences have arisen since 2008? That was the question, not whether or not someone happens to realize that rules change.

What are the new rule changes in all codes, Luke? Do you know what they are? Why don't you answer the question as it was asked? Both questions were tied together, calling for a real answer, not a flip one.
Yes, Kevin Finnerty was really asking for a listing of all the rule changes for NCAA, NAIA, OBR, and NFHS rules for 2009