The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Wilson Titanium sun visor

Has anyone seen a visor that will fit this mask? My +pos visor has fit every mask I've had until now. The generic one's I've seen appear to have too much of a curve. With the low profile design there is no way it will fit. Anyone using this mask found a visor that fits? Feel free to derail this thread about how stupid the visors look. As long as I get a lead on a visor, cuz I like them!
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

I sort of doubt you'll find one, as I don't think anyone has really been making new sun visors since they aren't a big seller in the first place.
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
Has anyone seen a visor that will fit this mask? My +pos visor has fit every mask I've had until now. The generic one's I've seen appear to have too much of a curve. With the low profile design there is no way it will fit. Anyone using this mask found a visor that fits? Feel free to derail this thread about how stupid the visors look. As long as I get a lead on a visor, cuz I like them!
Don't listen to the naysayers. Visors do a great job of keeping the bill of your cap from getting sun-bleached.
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 07:35pm

Here I clicked on this thread thinking they had come out with a titanium sun visor.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 08:44pm
In Time Out

Sun Visor

I have a Wilson visor for both my Wilson A3009 (Black Single bar with Wilson regular "W" doe skin pads), and my All Star double bar black (with original All Star black pads).

I am willing to stipulate that the visor adds no value with respect to increased functionality.

To me, it just looks cool.

But...I have not been able to install one on my Wilson Titanium (which I fit with the W black wrap-around pads, since the orginal 2-tone pads [I have 2 pair] are extremely poorly made, and the bottom section is off balance such that one side is 1/2" higher than the other)

Hock9

p.s. I put a W dangler on my Titanium, since the cow catcher sticks out more forward than down, and leaves my throat exposed more than the other masks.
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

The visor will not fit any low-profile masks, but it does fit all standard profile ones. I remember having a mask with one that I caught with, but it really can't be of any use to an umpire.

And the titanium looks much cooler without it.