The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   The Umpire Mask Hook: "I'll take 2!" (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/53815-umpire-mask-hook-ill-take-2-a.html)

UMP25 Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:42pm

The Umpire Mask Hook: "I'll take 2!"

OK, this has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen!

Someone here's gonna buy this. You just know it. :p

ozzy6900 Wed Jul 01, 2009 07:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMP25 (Post 611705)
OK, this has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen!

Someone here's gonna buy this. You just know it. :p

We have established this on this board 3 times already. This makes the 4th!

GA Umpire Wed Jul 01, 2009 08:33am

$10 for a hook on a rope plus $3 for shipping? Geez. Just say send me $10 for absolutely nothing and then I'll spend the other $3 to do this myself. And, when did a mask become so heavy that the umpire can't carry it in his hand?

Chris_Hickman Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:44am

The Official's locker Room has to be the greatest umpire invention ever developed!!! Has this been brought up on the message boards before? HA HA

Welpe Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:26pm

What blew my mind about this stupid thing is that Referee magazine actually featured it as a new "tool of the trade". :rolleyes:

Forest Ump Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:44pm

Every plate umpire has the same problem with their mask. There is just no getting around it. When you are walking from the dressing room to the field, the pre-game conference, or between innings you stick your mask under your arm just so you can have both hands free.

Your mask throughout the game will gather dirt and sometimes field chalk, and keeping it under your arm frequently will cause it to stain your shirt, and it is also very uncomfortable. The Umpire Hook will hold your mask to your side and is easy to hook and unhook.

Not only is it comfortable but it also looks professional, and keeps your hands free.

What a crock. This guy must write speeches for Obama.

He should have wrote;

Nothing says you're the biggest pu$$y on the field than when you wear this for all to see. Buy two for each side and we'll throw in a leather ball bag for free!

johnnyg08 Wed Jul 01, 2009 01:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 611807)
"tool of the trade"

pretty much sums it up. "tool"

Kevin Finnerty Wed Jul 01, 2009 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Hickman (Post 611774)
The Official's locker Room has to be the greatest umpire invention ever developed!!! Has this been brought up on the message boards before? HA HA

And don't just think it's for officials. That's right, The Windsurfer's Locker Room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Umpire (Post 611741)
Don't settle for a "That's just the way it is" answer. Question everything until you get an irrefutable or understandable answer.

Just what do you mean by this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Ump (Post 611809)
What a crock. This guy must write speeches for Obama.

He should have wrote;

He should have wrote??!!

You had better keep your mockery of writers to yourself. Good grief.

Also, the Obama joke: just so you know, jokes are supposed to be funny.

MrUmpire Wed Jul 01, 2009 01:46pm

Any chance the mask holder comes from the same fine folks who brought us the Officials Locker Room?

http://www.theofficialslockerroom.co...e/Picture3.jpg

johnnyg08 Wed Jul 01, 2009 01:49pm

I have to admit, there are some times where that thing would come in handy. But I agree, a bit cheesy.

SanDiegoSteve Wed Jul 01, 2009 02:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Hickman (Post 611774)

Isn't that you in the picture? It's your Web site, right? BTW, I want one!

Chris_Hickman Wed Jul 01, 2009 04:10pm

No.............. I did not invent the Umpire Hook. When I do a plate job it is always in the back of my mind the thought of staining my underarms with chalk and dirt.... still, I manage to go on...

constable Wed Jul 01, 2009 04:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrUmpire (Post 611821)
Any chance the mask holder comes from the same fine folks who brought us the Officials Locker Room?

http://www.theofficialslockerroom.co...e/Picture3.jpg

Well there are many areas that have parks where umpire dressing rooms are nothing but a pipe dream. Some people don't feel comfortable stripping down in the parking lot.

There are much worse inventions out there.

SanDiegoSteve Wed Jul 01, 2009 04:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Hickman (Post 611877)
No.............. I did not invent the Umpire Hook. When I do a plate job it is always in the back of my mind the thought of staining my underarms with chalk and dirt.... still, I manage to go on...

I was referring to the Official's Locker Room.

robbie Wed Jul 01, 2009 04:21pm

I'm sure the one armed ( Left - by the way...) umpire who uses the mask holder in our organization sure appreciates the kind comments posted above.....................