The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 05, 2009, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

I am your pluspos.com crash test dummy

I ordered a couple of plate brushes from them today, and we'll see what happens. Stand by.

When I checked out, they added no shipping. Odd.

Cross your fingers, boys.
Old Wed May 06, 2009, 06:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
I ordered a couple of plate brushes from them today, and we'll see what happens. Stand by.

When I checked out, they added no shipping. Odd.

Cross your fingers, boys.
No shipping was added because the items will not be shipped!

Never liked +POS, never will!
Old Wed May 06, 2009, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

I've got a tracking number for a package coming my way, so we'll see.

I was warned about +POS years ago, and simply requested my order get to me by a certain date, or it wasn't needed. Worked every time.

I really like those plate brushes, so it's worth the risk (no risk, actually, as I'm using PayPal).

p.s. don't be so grumpy.
Old Wed May 06, 2009, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
I've got a tracking number for a package coming my way, so we'll see.

I was warned about +POS years ago, and simply requested my order get to me by a certain date, or it wasn't needed. Worked every time.

I really like those plate brushes, so it's worth the risk (no risk, actually, as I'm using PayPal).

p.s. don't be so grumpy.
  • Smart move using PayPal.
  • I had 3 terrible experiences with +POS so I will never use them again - hope your's is better.
  • I like being grumpy.
Old Wed May 06, 2009, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

But what is this really?

Sorry if I missed previous discussion on this. Just was clued in yesterday that pluspos is back.

But who or what is this? Is this an entirely NEW entity that has taken on just the name and some assets... or the old company reformed.

I note online signficantly less stuff, Actually not much STUFF at all, or did I miss that as well.

My experiences were different. I ordered ALOT of pluspos stuff and had good luck over several years. I hope they can manage. The more choices, the better.
Old Wed May 06, 2009, 03:10pm
Stop staring at me swan.

I've been reading that this is a site that is liquidating their old inventory...maybe minus the ebay fees
Old Thu May 07, 2009, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

I had a couple of rather serious problems with Dan Parsons with his +POS offerings through eBay. He finally made good, but not without threats to file a claim with PayPal.

I believe that, for at least for a while, eBay had sanctioned him for trangressions.
Old Fri May 08, 2009, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, I got my plate brushes, so that's a good thing.

No shipping, nor tax was added to the bill. They came Priority, so it cost them a couple of bucks. The sender was Dynamic International, out of Elgin, IL.

They got here in three days.

But they aren't old stock. These are newly manufactured, yet still have the Joe Brinkman signature. It's a harder plastic, and a little different design. Not bad, but quite like the original.

I'm beginning to believe what someone else said about the name, and patents being sold to another manufacturer. They bought a jacket, but it wasn't the same quality as the originals.

Something else struck me as odd. The "pluspos.com" website is blocked at my place of business. I have no idea why.

I still like these brushes better than anything else on the market.

Last edited by kylejt; Fri May 08, 2009 at 06:55pm.
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJUMBA93 View Post
I had a couple of rather serious problems with Dan Parsons with his +POS offerings through eBay. He finally made good, but not without threats to file a claim with PayPal.

I believe that, for at least for a while, eBay had sanctioned him for trangressions.
Sjumba,
I looked up your order. It was almost a Year ago.
You ordered 2 Little league ball bags. I think they were selling for 5-7 dollars. At that time I was shipping regular mail and charging $1.00. I did not want to charge people as much as the item cost
($4.80-8.00 priority mail)to ship such a small item. I will only ship items by tracking now. I know the item gets there. It seemed like I had to re-ship more items when I send regular mail with no tracking. Thank you for not leaving me negitive feedback! I hope your ballbags are working great for you.
My rating for a 12 month period, I have 10 negitive feedbacks with 800 orders sold. In the past 6 months I have 2 negitives. I am getting the hang of selling on Ebay. I ship orders same day from my site or on Ebay. On Ebay If you are left less then 5 stars for the DSR's you can have a restricted account even if you have 100% positive feedbacks. I have a hard time understanding how you can get less then 5 stars for shipping cost when it costs me more to ship an item then I charge.
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 12:16pm

How come this otherwise nice looking new Web site has many broken links, and pictures of items it does not stock?
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Umpires are a hard group to please. I can count myself among the hard-to-please.

But Dan's product (jackets), service (outstanding), level of concern to a complaint (high), responsiveness to a product return (prompt and professional) were all commendable in my particular dealings. It's very good stuff, no matter what the trials and transformations of the brand have indicated.
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
How come this otherwise nice looking new Web site has many broken links, and pictures of items it does not stock?
For the Items Pictured you mean the P416? I will update.

I did change the hosting on the site and the domain address. I never had a problem getting on the site. While, Kyle said at his work he had a problem, I asked the hosting company and they told me at certin times of the day the many servers have problems working together. That sounded like a good enough explanation at the time, hopefully thats all it is. I will see what kind of tests I can run.

Thank you

Dan
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Dan, I can access your website from my office now.

Do you have any long sleeved, light blue mock turtlenecks left in large? A friend of mine has nearly worn his out. Love the plate brushes, thank you.

Also, I'm going to do you a big favor, and point out a loophole in your ordering system. If you pay by PayPal, it doesn't factor in shipping. You may want to tend to that, as I really want you to stay afloat.

Gents, the black jacket, with the charcoal gray stripes that match my GD pants, is a very nice garment.

Last edited by kylejt; Tue May 19, 2009 at 05:34pm.