Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Watch where you post your pix boys :)

FYE

Nude photos cost cheerleading coach her job - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Good point. As someone who has been the victim of identity theft and similar crap for 2 years, the Internet can easily become a cesspool of crap from people out to get you, let alone what you yourself might post out there.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 08:13pm
Official Forum Member

She has every right to have pictures of herself taken for businesses not related to school. There would have been no issue had these creepy school officials minded their own business. Now this teacher has to live with defamation of her reputation for the rest of her life.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 09:10pm
Official Forum Member

She might have had every right, but what is her right may not be the most intelligent thing to do.

Many school districts around here have in their teacher contracts provisions prohibiting teachers from having a Facebook or Myspace page--not just risque pages, but altgother. Some may think this is ridiculous or a little Big Brotherish, but I can understand where the districts are coming from.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc6 View Post
She has every right to have pictures of herself taken for businesses not related to school. There would have been no issue had these creepy school officials minded their own business. Now this teacher has to live with defamation of her reputation for the rest of her life.
Defamation of her reputation? Huh? She did do it, right? So, where would the defamation of her reputation(whatever that means) be?

She is the one being all naked in public and the school officials are the ones who are creepy? Her behavior was creepy.

Joe in Missouri
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
Defamation of her reputation? Huh? She did do it, right? So, where would the defamation of her reputation(whatever that means) be?

She is the one being all naked in public and the school officials are the ones who are creepy? Her behavior was creepy.

Joe in Missouri
Something unrelated to her teaching profession led to her dismissal from her position of employment. She will probably have some sort of formal black mark following her around for the rest of her life. Even if she doesn't, this nude activitiy will be held against her in jobs that are completely unrelated to some pictures she got taken of her.

Quote:
Many school districts around here have in their teacher contracts provisions prohibiting teachers from having a Facebook or Myspace page--not just risque pages, but altgother. Some may think this is ridiculous or a little Big Brotherish, but I can understand where the districts are coming from.
I don't see the harm in teachers using a Facebook or Myspace account using their own name. This way they are accountable for everything they say and do.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Well, whether one sees any harm in it or not, many districts do have that prohibition.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Playboy's Cyber Girl of the Week?!! Are you kidding me?

I wonder how many of the cheerleaders' dads attended those practices.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Hell I just looked in the comments section and brezi_1 left a comment with a working link. Wow!
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

I think that as sports officials, we have a responsibility to always be up on everything that's in the news that has anything at all to do with the sports we officiate, and darn it, this is one of those stories!
Old Mon Apr 20, 2009, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

Whoa, she's purty. Thatta boy Breezi 1.
Old Tue Apr 21, 2009, 01:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
She might have had every right, but what is her right may not be the most intelligent thing to do.

Yes, it is ridiculous and big brotherish and I can't understand where the districts are coming from. Maybe if we were talking about school districts in China, but not here. The point is well taken about being careful about what you post online; it's out there forever once you hit the enter button.
Old Tue Apr 21, 2009, 01:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc6 View Post
Something unrelated to her teaching profession led to her dismissal from her position of employment. She will probably have some sort of formal black mark following her around for the rest of her life. Even if she doesn't, this nude activitiy will be held against her in jobs that are completely unrelated to some pictures she got taken of her.
Armed robbery is unrelated to her profession as well. What do you bet she get fired for that, too?

Most school district contracts contain a clause regarding behavior and that it meets the local standards.

Quote:
I don't see the harm in teachers using a Facebook or Myspace account using their own name. This way they are accountable for everything they say and do.
Are you that naive? Teachers are at the mercy of students....some of whom are very bright and have hacked into teachers' facebook pages and have caused incredible problems and embarrasment.
Old Tue Apr 21, 2009, 01:57am
Official Forum Member

Armed robbery ... excellent analogy.
Old Tue Apr 21, 2009, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ump153 View Post
Are you that naive? Teachers are at the mercy of students....some of whom are very bright and have hacked into teachers' facebook pages and have caused incredible problems and embarrasment.
Bingo! That's one of the biggest reasons it's prohibited.

My district has no such prohibition, but I refuse to have any such public pages. I've never had a MySpace or Facebook page and won't have one even if I wasn't a teacher.
Closed Thread