The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   All American Chest Protector (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/52166-all-american-chest-protector.html)

SanDiegoSteve Fri Mar 13, 2009 05:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaBa Booey (Post 588175)
Just got my V-sport....I've worn an All-American before and I can hardly tell the difference. The padding is great, it covers everything it needs to, the plastic is no different than on my old Wilson Gold. With my season about to start I'm pretty excited to have gotten my hands on this. Thanks Steve for posting the info about it!

You're welcome. Where did you get your V-Sport? I can't seem to find one.

BaBa Booey Fri Mar 13, 2009 06:42pm

Lesters still has a few left. Call and ask for Dave.

DG Fri Mar 13, 2009 09:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 588173)
It's really not that they are cheap, it's that West Vests are overpriced. They should be selling for right around a hundred bucks, but some places sell them for around $200, depending on who's selling them. I've seen Platinums as low as $139 and as high as $209.

Here is the link to see a good photo of them, in case you didn't see it in the other thread:

09page

The P210 looks exactly like my V-sport, except mine has V-Sport written on it where Champion is on the P210. I paid $80 and have no interest in spending more money on a CP.

Maz17 Sat Mar 21, 2009 03:06pm

Back to the origin of this post. I know the vsport is great. But ask around. Someone has to have this all american.

etn_ump Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:24pm

I have one, wore it 4 times last week. I purchased mine used from another umpire on another board and have used it for the past 4 years. Absolutely awesome chest protector.

However, I have seen the V-sport and tried it on. It may appear the same, but it does not fit the same and it doesn't appear to be constructed nearly as well. JMO.

SanDiegoSteve Sat Apr 11, 2009 01:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz17 (Post 586695)
Does anyone know where to get a 13" All American AA37 Chest protector?

NEW or USED?

I received an email from Cindy at All American Sports tonight in response for my request for the hard shell All American Chest Protector. She said to call Michael at 1-800-422-2189 and that he has what we are looking for.

ManInBlue Sat Apr 11, 2009 06:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 588213)
The P210 looks exactly like my V-sport, except mine has V-Sport written on it where Champion is on the P210. I paid $80 and have no interest in spending more money on a CP.

Same deal here. I had a V-sport and sold it (it was too long). Couldn't find V-sport any more, bought a Champion. Other than what's written on the front, and the mesh backing, I can't tell a difference, .

SanDiegoSteve Sat Apr 11, 2009 09:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 595317)
I received an email from Cindy at All American Sports tonight in response for my request for the hard shell All American Chest Protector. She said to call Michael at 1-800-422-2189 and that he has what we are looking for.

Bump.

sri8527 Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:29am

i was just wondering if you guys have seen the new stuff "The Officials Call" has come up with. i was just looking around and saw it, the cp looks alot like what you are looking for, looks pretty good, but then again looks can be decieving.

steve

SanDiegoSteve Tue Apr 14, 2009 02:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri8527 (Post 595477)
i was just wondering if you guys have seen the new stuff "The Officials Call" has come up with. i was just looking around and saw it, the cp looks alot like what you are looking for, looks pretty good, but then again looks can be decieving.

steve

What is "Officials Call." I don't seem to be able to find such a listing.

Kevin Finnerty Tue Apr 14, 2009 03:02am

Steve,

Here's their ebay listing:

2 Brand New Umpire Shirts - short sleeve, 6 colors! - eBay (item 280326506697 end time Apr-23-09 20:55:08 PDT)

cardinalfan Tue Apr 14, 2009 08:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 595857)
What is "Officials Call." I don't seem to be able to find such a listing.

Official Call

Don't know anything about these folks. Not a bad looking CP.

SanDiegoSteve Wed Apr 15, 2009 01:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalfan (Post 595883)
Official Call

Don't know anything about these folks. Not a bad looking CP.

Not the same as the All American, to which I posted the number of the guy who has them. Pretty crappy looking Web site, from a designer's point of view. Horrible, actually.