Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpmazza View Post
Missouri, Cheap and cold, dang I'm and idiot for living here...LOL

Alabama...cheap, not too cold, hotter than 12 hells in the summer... and I wouldn't live anywhere else.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpduck11 View Post
Alabama...cheap, not too cold, hotter than 12 hells in the summer... and I wouldn't live anywhere else.
I worked a tournament in Alabama in early August a couple of years ago. I had the dish for the first game, which started at 3:00. It was 103 and did not go below 100 until about midway through the second game. By day five, the highs were only in the mid-nineties.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpduck11 View Post

I spent month in Alabama one week-end.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
The first game of the 2009 season is in the books for me, 1000 to go. The nice thing was when I left for the gym this morning, at 5:30 am, my wife gave me a kiss and said, "I'll see you in June!"

Does she know me or what? Guess that is why I married her, the support of a good woman.
"1000 to go", are you serious??

thats a whole lot of baseball.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

4 inches of sleet followed the next day by 5 inches of wet snow in beautiful balmy southern Illinois. My first game is set for 3/17/09. Will it dry out and warm up by then????? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

"I've never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes"---Leo Durocher
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike3UROUT View Post
4 inches of sleet followed the next day by 5 inches of wet snow in beautiful balmy southern Illinois. My first game is set for 3/17/09. Will it dry out and warm up by then????? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Aren't we glad they moved the start back to the end of Feburary, so that all school could start at the same time in good weather?

I wonder if they are ever going to relook at how playing Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Double on Sat, and Sunday, with the ocassional Monday and Thursday game thrown in effects student athletes and the number of classes they miss from Mid Feb to mid May!
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Aren't we glad they moved the start back to the end of Feburary, so that all school could start at the same time in good weather?

I wonder if they are ever going to relook at how playing Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Double on Sat, and Sunday, with the ocassional Monday and Thursday game thrown in effects student athletes and the number of classes they miss from Mid Feb to mid May!
When my son heard about that schedule (and the new transfer restrictions), he decided to start out his college career at a JC.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

You think Kansas and Illinois are cold. Here in New Brunswick (Canada) the baseball season is from mid-May to early October.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2009, 11:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonInKansas View Post
Yeah...well.........

I pay 285 a month for rent for a nice 3 bedroom house.

You give and you take..........
Lived in KC (Overland Park) for a while. And though the 285 a month rent is quite enticing, I don't enjoy the miserably humid summers, the brutal winters, or the tornado frequency that your completely flat state encourages. I'll take the bikinis and BMWs, outrageously high rent, great weather, and the inevitability of the "big one."
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25