The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 11, 2008, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschramm View Post
I just ordered the West Vest Platinum and a pair of NB 350 base shoes from ump-attire, just over $200 shipped.
Excellent job! You'll love them both. The 350s are very light, have nice cushioning, and look nice and shiny with a little hair spray.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

I swear; just spray the NBs with water or some mild solution like Murphy's Oil Soap & water, wipe them off with a towel, and spray them generously with Dove extra hold pump spray. They look beautiful and it could not be easier or more economical.

Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
I swear; just spray the NBs with water or some mild solution like Murphy's Oil Soap & water, wipe them off with a towel, and spray them generously with Dove extra hold pump spray. They look beautiful and it could not be easier or more economical.

I'll have to look into that. I got them Monday, but haven't touched them since I'm studying for final exams. Do you use Leather Luster on them at all? or just murphy's oil?
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

The Murphy's cleans well, as does scrubbing bubbles. But the hair spray makes them shine more than the original low-maintenance finish.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:35pm
Official Forum Member

I found most hair sprays too sticky. I use Armor All Extra Shine. Works wonders!
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 02:32am
Official Forum Member

Dove extra hold pump is not "most" hair sprays.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

If you say so.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
I found most hair sprays too sticky. I use Armor All Extra Shine. Works wonders!
I avoid using armor all....as it seems to almost attract and hold dust and dirt.....
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

I've never had that problem myself. In fact, I've found that the extra shine version of Armour All tends to have a slick sheen to it, thereby preventing dust to adhere as much as it normally would; at least, that has been my experience with it.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25 View Post
I've never had that problem myself. In fact, I've found that the extra shine version of Armour All tends to have a slick sheen to it, thereby preventing dust to adhere as much as it normally would; at least, that has been my experience with it.
My experience with Armour All is that it costs about $7.00 for a bottle of the stuff, and you can take about two cents' worth of Murphy's and make a whole bottle of stuff that will make the shoes clean and shiny. Most of the time I can get a $7.00 solution for two cents, I'm going to take it.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post

That's the same brand former Cowboy's coach Jimmy Johnson uses !!!
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

And look at that shine!

Now, don't you want your shoes sporting a finish like that? I know I do.
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone have problems with the New Balance 350, D-width? I just tried mine on the first time, and they're pretty tight on the side. Probably going to have to get the EE size instead.
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschramm View Post
Anyone have problems with the New Balance 350, D-width? I just tried mine on the first time, and they're pretty tight on the side. Probably going to have to get the EE size instead.
No, but I have a D size feet. If you have EE feet you should get EE shoes. If you have D feet you should wear thinner socks until they break in. I also buy my NB shoes a half size larger to compensate for thick socks but that hasn't affected width.
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Leather Luster is goopy junk that was used to make shoes look like patent leather. The GD shoes put a stake through the heart of that stuff. Plus, it looks like a snake shedding it's skin after a while. There's no need for that anymore.

Hair spray on your leather shoes? Please. Use a good leather conditioner after you clean them. I use Meguiars. Hair spray will build up, and crack the hide. Don't do it.

If you're that goofy about your shoes having a mirrored shine for the first half inning, get the GD slippers. Me, I got over that a while ago. Sharp, yes. Glitzy, no. I've retired my patent leather belts too. No more bling for me.