The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Drake just got Lou again

In the bottom of the 9th, DeRossa made the moronic decision to slide head first into first and was out.

First base coach Matt Sinatro threw his helmet to the ground and charged at Drake screaming and was tossed immediately. Then here comes Lou...gone as well.

Even from 3 different angles, it is impossible to tell if he was out or safe-dust everywhere. You usually do not see a first base coach have a heart attack like that. I wonder what else was going on today...I started watching in the 8th.

Joe In Missouri
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

rob drake is thorst ump there is derosa was safe matt never fights like that only if bad call was made wait it was not a bad call it wa s the worst call he made rob drake is a dumbass
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Nah,

Quote:
"rob drake is thorst ump there is derosa was safe matt never fights like that only if bad call was made wait it was not a bad call it wa s the worst call he made rob drake is a dumbass"
I am not sure it gets any better than this . . .

Even money that this is a regular poster trying to hide tracks . . . any takers?

Regards,
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Angry Drake Dregg

Pulls the quick trigger twice in one year on Lou , and nobody wants to say this guy shouldn't be working in the show . This guy gives good umpires bad names . MLB needs to really look at this guy!! That is how many this year? Drake just might be out to match his 20+ in a season! Got three from the CUBs, SO FAR.

Last edited by Lorothian; Sat Jul 26, 2008 at 04:04pm. Reason: Not Darke
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

LOL

This is sad.

Pathetic.

Fess up, which one of you shmucks is it.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 04:40pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

My money is on Lorothian trying to make it seem like Lorothian is not alone.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

For the non-RATS on this forum:

Every angle they showed was inconclusive at worst...and at best Drake got it right. If this was the NFL the call would NOT be overturned upon further review. Hell, even the B/R did not get up and argue.

The first ejection was totally legit. The first base coach immediately and violently spiked his helmet into the ground and then charged Drake.

Lou came out, Drake gave him a leash, Lou kept going and said the magic words...good-bye.

However, even worse Lou appeared, to me, to bump Gorman (who was trying to be a peacemaker) in an attempt to get closer to Drake. Furthermore, he came back out onto the field after having gone into the dugout.

While I'm not a Bob Watson mind-reader, I'd be willing to bet that there are going to be suspensions as a result of this one. And there should.

And, for what its worth, Drake appeared to keep his cool the whole time...He never appeared to shout and/or scream, and he certainly did not have any body language that showed he was out-of-control. He kept his cool.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

From San Diego Steve's favorite website:

"We have gone frame by frame from multiple angles and concluded the batter-runner was out by time... In the 10th inning of the game, Cubs broadcasting station WGN presented a synchronized side-by-side view of two different angles of the play, which clearly showed DeRosa was out), the call was correct."

However, I add that whether Drake got it right or not is irrelevant. Even if he was wrong it does not justify the RAT reactions of the Cub coaching staff.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
I say both of the posters putting Drake under the bus are dumb.

Let's see....a poster's title is gocubsgo (that gives something away) and I agree with snagwells about Lorothian
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 05:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo
rob drake is thorst ump there is derosa was safe matt never fights like that only if bad call was made wait it was not a bad call it wa s the worst call he made rob drake is a dumbass
Yes, it's quite obvious that Rob Drake is a dumbass and you are a Rhodes Scholar. Yes, I can see it clearly.

No sarcasm smiley necessary.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
On a more serious note, Gerry Davis was hit directly in the face mask by a pitch in the Cubs/Marlins game today and was removed from the game. Anyone hear how he's doing?

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

I was watching on the Marlins channel and not WGN. They had one angle that showed he was definately out. Good call.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo
Why would anyone not think this guy is legit? Sounds like a typical Cubs fan to me. My vote is that he is legit.

Joe in Missouri

PS I am still wondering what caused Sinatro to have an aneurysm. It seems weird to see a first base coach go nuts like this...I have not seen one like this in a while.
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 06:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn
Their amalysis could not confirm that is was the 9th inning but, anyway...
They do say that the play happened in the 9th inning. In fact they go into great detail about the play, which was called correctly. What happened in the 10th inning was that WGN presented a side-by-side comparison.

RIF.

http://cascreamindude.livejournal.com/
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Jul 26, 2008, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino
On a more serious note, Gerry Davis was hit directly in the face mask by a pitch in the Cubs/Marlins game today and was removed from the game. Anyone hear how he's doing?
Bob,

The game wrap mentioned that he was taken to the hospital, but he later returned to Wrigley. It didn't sound like a serious injury.

Tim.