The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jul 05, 2008, 05:42pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,875
Yankees-RedSox game today.

Did anybody else see the foul ball that Yankees catcher Jose Molina took to the left side of his jaw in the top of the 8th inning. It just about knocked him out. If he had not been wearing a HSM he would have been knocked out for sure.

MTD, Sr.
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jul 05, 2008, 07:27pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lakeside, California
Posts: 6,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Did anybody else see the foul ball that Yankees catcher Jose Molina took to the left side of his jaw in the top of the 8th inning. It just about knocked him out. If he had not been wearing a HSM he would have been knocked out for sure.

MTD, Sr.
Saw it. McCarver praising HSM.

Anybody see D-Backs catcher Chris Snyder get his testicle busted? Owwwwwwwwww.
__________________
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jul 07, 2008, 11:19am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New England, Home of the Brave!
Posts: 312
Send a message via AIM to Rcichon
no,

I saw neither. Anyone see Coco Crisp make that diving inverted catch in center....only to be called a trap?

Which brings me to another question about mechanics.

What IS the mechanic for a no-catch?
Simply the safe sign or is it ever verbalized?
Or something else?

thanks
__________________
Strikes are great.
Outs are better.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jul 07, 2008, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcichon
I saw neither. Anyone see Coco Crisp make that diving inverted catch in center....only to be called a trap?

Which brings me to another question about mechanics.

What IS the mechanic for a no-catch?
Simply the safe sign or is it ever verbalized?
Or something else?

thanks
I use both the signal and the voice (on any "close" play)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jul 07, 2008, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
im with bob on this one... vocalize and safe signal, that way my partner hears it, if he is doing his job and watching for the tag, and somehow does not see that the ball is not caught.. just to be safe
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jul 07, 2008, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New England, Home of the Brave!
Posts: 312
Send a message via AIM to Rcichon
17u Playoff

I'm PU, U1 and U2 with runners on 1 & 2.

Fly to F8 who overshot and turned to make the catch, I signaled & verbalized no catch. After, U1 advised me to NOT verbalize.

My thought was to announce no catch since they were watching runners.

Thanks for the input.
__________________
Strikes are great.
Outs are better.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Mon Jul 07, 2008, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcichon
I'm PU, U1 and U2 with runners on 1 & 2.

Fly to F8 who overshot and turned to make the catch, I signaled & verbalized no catch. After, U1 advised me to NOT verbalize.

My thought was to announce no catch since they were watching runners.

Thanks for the input.

With a 3-man crew and R1/R2, the only responsibility you have in the outfield as PU is something on the line in left field. Anything else is the BUs responsibility.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interference in the Yankees-Royals game? greymule Baseball 12 Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:08am
First game today 5 sport ref Softball 9 Thu Mar 23, 2006 09:27am
Yankees @ Angels - Game 5 ALDS UMP25 Baseball 45 Thu Oct 13, 2005 07:33pm
Balk call in O's/Yankees game gotblue? Baseball 13 Wed Jun 29, 2005 01:19pm
First Game Today [UGH!] NYSSO/ASABlue Softball 0 Wed Apr 04, 2001 08:52pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1