The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 1.57 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 06:34pm
Official Forum Member

Coach JM's experience reminds me of one I had last year. Regional championship tournament round robin game between two neighbouring cities, that have a good rivarly with one another. It was more or less an average ball game at the start, with team A taking the lead. Team B (losing) coach comes up to me between innings and mentions "you've called the best game of this tournament so far". A little bit later, team A coach (still winning) says "you're all over this guys curveball; it's nice to not have some old bag who won't call the curve". I mention to him that people miss curveballs because they miss it way too quickly.

Team B would later have a comeback to tie the game, we would go to extra innings where team A walked off with the win. It was just a really intense game with variations in tempo. I thought it was neat that both coaches appreciated my work, and doubt they were saying it to suck up to me.