The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 25, 2007, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

New Forum

Our new forum does not require any purchase or subjects the members to advertising. It was designed to add to sites like this one, and we would be more than happy to add a link to officialforum.com from umpireschool.com. We just wanted to add another dimension to some of the discussion topics. Most professional umpires do not wish to post on these sites (for whatever reason). However, our site has enlisted several Minor League and Major League umpires to chime in where they find their opinion may help the discussion. If the administrators of this site wish to delete this post, we understand, but we do not intend on it being viewed as "spam". Otherwise, you may check out our message boards using the link under "What's New" at our website www.umpireschool.com.

Sincerely,

The Wendelstedt Staff

Last edited by Wendelstedt School; Sun Nov 25, 2007 at 06:27pm.
Old Sun Nov 25, 2007, 04:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Ethics???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire
I'm sure officiating.com would welcome an inquiry about advertising space and rates.

I hope you demand from your students a higher level of ethics than that which you display here.
And how do you know that has not already been done? If this is truly spamming, I am sure it will be deleted. It is not unusual for people to post information about website. And based on what I read, they are not charging to go to their site.

Peace
Old Sun Nov 25, 2007, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstedt School
However, our site has enlisted several Minor League and Major League umpires to chime in where they find their opinion may help the discussion.
Sincerely,

The Wendelstedt Staff
Interesting. Some MiLB umpires have stated that they are, contractually, prohibited from posting on internet sites during the seaon. Are they mistaken?
Old Sun Nov 25, 2007, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
many of them are unaware of that fact because it is buried in the legal mumbojumbo of the appendix a they sign.
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm sure officiating.com would welcome an inquiry about advertising space and rates.

I hope you demand from your students a higher level of ethics than that which you display here.
Could you explain this? It's late and I don't understand.
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 01:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncump7
Could you explain this? It's late and I don't understand.

It made sense before Wendelstedt completely rewrote their post. I will delete it.
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 01:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
It made sense before Wendelstedt completely rewrote their post. I will delete it.
It still did not make any sense. All they did if I am not mistaken was reference this site. You did not have to pay to enter from what I understood and referencing websites happens all the time on these discussion boards. How is that an ethics violation?

All the OP changed was the fact they would link to this site.

Peace
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 02:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
It still did not make any sense.
You should make clear that it did not make sense to you, Jeff. It made sense to others. It made sense to me, aznd RichMSN had posted somthing similar and then deleted it when the OP at first deleted his post completely.

Quote:
All they did if I am not mistaken was reference this site.
You are mistaken. The first post was an out and out advertisement for a new forum at a commercial site. The ad was placed without the knowledge or permission of the owners of this site.[/quote]

Quote:
You did not have to pay to enter from what I understood and referencing websites happens all the time on these discussion boards. How is that an ethics violation?
The fact that entrance was free does not mean the site was not commercial.

Posters referencing a site they have found interesting is different from the owners of one commercial enterprise taking advantage of another commercial enterprise.

Quote:
All the OP changed was the fact they would link to this site.
Again, you are mistaken.

I have no issues with the Wendlestedt school. I believe they do an excellent job training professional umpires. However, I believe the advertisement they originally posted was inappropriate. This forum is owned by a commercial enterprise who sells advertising to support it. No other business should seek to post a free ad without first seeking permission.

Last edited by GarthB; Mon Nov 26, 2007 at 02:14am.