The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 19, 2007, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

JEAPU Desert Classic

John Muller's articles are fantastic. He is telling the exact truth of how beneficial the training is offered by Jim Evans. Read and believe!

Anyone who has not believed that Jim Evans is the greatest umpiring teacher in the entire history of baseball will have his oppinion altered when reading John Muller's articles.
of Professional Umpiring
Old Thu Apr 19, 2007, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Wiederaenders
John Muller's articles are fantastic. He is telling the exact truth of how beneficial the training is offered by Jim Evans. Read and believe!

Anyone who has not believed that Jim Evans is the greatest umpiring teacher in the entire history of baseball will have his oppinion altered when reading John Muller's articles.
I had the good fortune to spend a day with John just after he'd returned from The Classic. If the enthusiasm he displayed that day is any indication of the excellence that's encountered there, it is something we should all consider taking in at some point in our umpiring careers. What amazed me was how firm a grasp John had on the nuances of our avocation with very little on field experience. In my mind this should be attributed to the instruction John received in Arizona.

Tim.
Old Thu Apr 19, 2007, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Roland and Tim,

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Despite my best efforts, I really don't believe my articles do justice to the quality of the experience I had at the Desert Classic. If any of you ever have the opportunity, you really ought to go.

Just as when I met Tim C. last year, Tim H. could not have been a more gracious and generous host when I had the opportunity to meet him last November.

While I certainly feel that the education I received in Arizona was invaluable in helping me not be a complete doofus while umpiring, I also feel that I have learned a significant amount about the art of umpiring from those who post on this (and other) boards to help people like me learn about the rules and all of the other things that umpiring is really about.

So, to all of you who do, thanks for bothering.

Sincerely,

John