Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PAT THE REF
ECAC Umpire

Hey Everyone,

Switching gears a little bit... Does anyone know how to become or is anyone here currently a East Coast Athletic Confer. Umpire? What, if any, is the evaluation process to become a ECAC official...

Thanks
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

if you go to the ECAC website, and go to the officials section, there is a form you can fill out. You'll need letters of recommendation and there is a fee (naturally). Other than that, can't tell you much, but that should get you started.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
i know how it works. pm me.
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

I've been doing ECAC (women's FP) softball for a few years now and love it.

Last season, I was doing a game in north Jersey, and on the adjacent baseball field, one of the umpires was a former world-class slow-pitch crusher I hadn't seen in many years. He said he has also been officiating ECAC for a while and enjoys it.

For a Fed baseball umpire, ECAC (NCAA) rules naturally require some study. Softball rules are quite different from Fed and ASA, too (as in better).
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Rumor has it the ECAC may be getting out of the baseball business. Look around for a local college umpire association. Find out how they are getting their games. Then give it a go.

D
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Back to square one

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man
Rumor has it the ECAC may be getting out of the baseball business. Look around for a local college umpire association. Find out how they are getting their games. Then give it a go.

D
D-Man, I find myself back to 1) ECAC is LCUA, 2) ECAC rep assign games and 3) give ECAC a go. Please help me understand what I am missing here; i.e. what else is available?
Old Sat Dec 02, 2006, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

I'm not sure what the deal is. Some friends of mine say the ECAC won't be assigning baseball games this year. He is still going to work college games so someone will be assigning them. The schools will be playing this year. Therefore, umpiring college games is still possible. I assume local associations would be a great starting point. I could investigate for everyone but I'll let each individual follow their own dream.

D
Old Sat Dec 02, 2006, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

ecac - cbuao

there has been a big upheaval in the assignment of most college games in the mid-atlantic and northeast states. the ecac used to assign most of those games - their lead assignor, nick zibelli, had a falling out with the ecac (very hostile) zibelli has since formed his own assigning organzation - CBUAO and has signed contracts with all of the D-1 schools he used to have and most of the D-2 and D-3 schools he used to have. check out cbuao.com for more info and contact your local college association for a tryout. tryouts are usually held during the fall college season.