The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone used InHouse Sports?

I placed an order over the web yesterday, and went to confirm it this afternoon over the phone. All I got was a cell phone answering machine.

If you've used these folks, how long has it taken to get your order?

Thanks in advance,
Kyle
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down has anyone used inhouse sports?

Yes I have. His name is Ken Reeves and I have had many good conversations with him. The shoes he sells are the exact same one that Honig's sell for much more money. I bought 2 pair for me and have gotten good wear out of them. Several other umpites have gotten the shoes based on my reccommendation and got them in 1 week. In July I sent him $390 for an order that consisted of shoes, pants, and shirts. Some was mine but most was for other people who had paid me cash in advance. My check cleared my account on July 26. Since then I have talked to Ken 4 times and have heard every excuse from kids goin back to school to movin the wearhouse why he hasn't sent my order. On Aug 21st he promised me that my order would go out on Aug 24th--a month after my check cleared the bank. Since then his fax has been disconnected and his mailbox has been full so he can't get messages on his answering machine. I have emailed him for my money back but to no avail. His parents own a sporting goods store in Ca. and I have tried calling some in his area but no one knows of him or his parents store. I am now in the process of refunding the money I collected from my friends. Because of this thread, I tried again to call him and he has cleaned out his mailbox on the answering machine. I left a message for him to call me. We'll see what happens and I'll keep you posted.
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 08:47pm
Official Forum Member

i knew this was a shady operation
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 09:10pm
Official Forum Member

maybe...

Their name should be changed to "OutHouse Sports"
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 09:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
Their name should be changed to "OutHouse Sports"
Your best post yet. Great job!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Your best post yet. Great job!
Thank you Steve, i dont know how no one else thought of it first
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt
I placed an order over the web yesterday, and went to confirm it this afternoon over the phone. All I got was a cell phone answering machine.

If you've used these folks, how long has it taken to get your order?

Thanks in advance,
Kyle
So you used a credit card right? I would get in touch with the company asap and then buy from Honig's, GD, BTL or Lesters.
Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 12:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711
So you used a credit card right? I would get in touch with the company asap and then buy from Honig's, GD, BTL or Lesters.

Oh yeah. CitiBank will cover me on this one, so I'm not worried about being out any dough. That just won't happen.

Agreed that Honig's is the way to go. I placed an order to supply my Junior umpire program, and got the order in two days. They rule. It's just that these shoes were half the price at Inhouse, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I ordered these on Monday, and wanted them overnighted. I got no response, so I called and left a message (cell phone answering machine). No response again. I left a couple of emails, with no luck.

So my son didn't get plate shoes for his birthday today. And somebody's gonna pay. Woe to you Mr. Reeves, if you don't respond to my quiries tomorrow.
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

I did a little homework, and found the thirdparty that does their credit card transactions for them. I fired off an email, and within two hours got a phone call from the owner of Inhouse Sports(always follow the money). He was very nice, and said the shoes would be out today. He said he was two months into a move to a larger location, and he's backordered for several weeks. I was "lucky" that I was only a week out.

Stay tuned.
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 07:07pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
He's starting to make +POS look like greased lightning.
Good one!
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

has anyone used inhouse sports

Kylejt,
As I mentioned in my earlier post, Ken is a nice guy to talk to. I have bought stuff from him and sent him several customers. I have had many pleasant conversations. But, when I send him a check for $390.00 worth of merchandise--some of which I collected from friends for a joint order--clears the band on July, yes, July 26th and I have still not gotten my order, I am past being a little chapped. He told me several times that the order was going out the next day and etc but then he had to take his kids to school and he was moving his wharehouse and he quit his job and he went to the NASO convention for a week and he has to go to LA to pick up his stuff and on and on. His cell mailbox was full for 2 weeks so I couldn't leave a message and now it's open but he won't return my calls. I do call his 951 830-5358 number once a day(throwing good money after bad, I guess) just to see if he has the decentcy to answer or return my call. He doesn't. I have returned the money to my friends and can only hope that I get it back one day but I doubt if I will. It's a long way from SC (where I am) to California. If you have any way of contacting him, please let me know.
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

Well, I got my shoes today. Nine days after I ordered them.

I bought a pair of the patent leather Honigs for a friend of mine, and these seem to be the exact same thing. How long they'll last, I can't tell you. They aren't built anywhere near my +POS, but close to my Gerry Davis. And for the money, they're tough to beat.

I also got a profuse apology from the owner. Probably due to my contact with his cash source. I'd suggest tugging in the same direction if you are having troubles.

goemerchant.com

Even if you didn't use a credit card (you know better now, I hope), email them and tell them your tale. This might bump start things, as it did for me.

Good luck.

edit: I got a follow-up phone call today from the owner. He was sorry for the delay, and cited expansion/moving causes. Again, it sounds like he's trying hard, but just not yet able to keep to keep up with demand. My suggestion was that he responds to orders and email ASAP, even if he can't fill the orders right away. Communications is key. He agreed.

Last edited by kylejt; Thu Sep 21, 2006 at 05:07pm.
Old Tue Sep 26, 2006, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

hello

No how is it thoe