The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 30, 2003, 05:14pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Hey,

Well, I've been striken with the flu for the past 3 days and have decided to stay at home to not spread anything.

The good side is that I've been able to watch *alot* of sports. I've seen many bowl games, as well as many movies.

So I ask you, what is your favourite sports movie? Multiple sports are allowed.

Also, awhile ago we have a movies quotes type quiz. Here are some more...

"Who's the wild man now?"

"My daddy's gonna be a big league pitcher."

"Well then, this would be more, wouldn't it?"
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 08:46am
In Memoriam

I love 'em all, especially the biographies.
The Natural - Redford
Babe Ruth - Bendix
Lou Gehrig - Cooper
Hoosiers - Hackman
Knute Rockne - O'Brien

Get well.
mick
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
It's not my favorite, but if you're talking biographies, "The Rookie" is a pretty good movie. Totally clean movie that you can watch with your kids, and a true story, too.
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 11:55pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
It's not my favorite, but if you're talking biographies, "The Rookie" is a pretty good movie. Totally clean movie that you can watch with your kids, and a true story, too.
YU.P.
Good story.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2004, 06:11pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Talking

You might think me a candidate for the looney bin, but here's what I watch sometimes. I like to watch a movie connected to the sport before the season starts, to get me in the "mood" for the season. For football, I like "Necessary Roughness". I know it's a silly movie, but some of the stuff I see on there makes me feel better that some of the stuff I see on the field won't make me die from complete laughter or something. As for basketball, I love "Hoosiers", since it definitely reminds me that the little guys can win too, and that as a zebra, I'm there for every player, no matter how small or big. Now, if someone would make a softball movie.......
Old Thu Jan 22, 2004, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

I love Hoosiers and Remember the Titans. Both great movies as well as reminders that sports have an important place in ones life, as opposed to being ones life.

Now you may find this one to be rather bizzare, but I LOVE A Knight's Tale. It's about jousting and set in the 1500s or something like that. But a great tale of how somebody with the passion to get into a sport and really work at it can succeed and win friends along the way. The soundtrack really rocks as well. I listen to it on the way to every assignment to get me up for the game.

And, like Ref Ump Welsch, I like to watch sports movies in the off season while I wait impatiently to pursue my obsession