The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Plate Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/27443-plate-shoes.html)

briancurtin Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:04pm

i dont have the money for it now (wish i did), but my current job is working on setting up the whole tuition reimbursement deal, which has been in the works for a while and is supposed to be available soon. once i can get them to help me out, which im told is supposed to be soon, im going for it.

BigUmp56 Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:20pm

Brian:

Am I correct in that I remeber you mentioning you were degreed in computer science or a similar field? If so, there should be numerous corporations in the Chicago area that will pay a large portion of your post-graduate tuition while you serve an internship.

Tim.

briancurtin Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:38pm

yep, i came out of CS. there are some shops that do that, but a lot of the ones i have talked to dont offer assistance like that until you have been there for a while, since they dont want to have you run off on them after they helped you get a degree. im still evaluating the possibilities of this, and id really like to get into it soon, im just not sure how soon "soon" can be.

how about them plate shoes

DG Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeErieUmp
DG - did your cobbler have any restriction on what kind of sole you could spec out?

No. He showed me what he had available and I picked. Nice Vibram sole and heel with aggresive traction on both.

BigUmp56 Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by briancurtin

how about them plate shoes

I still think that it's money well spent on the +POS. I don't care for their service so I tried the Spot Bilts this season and took a fastball off of the toe only to find out that it wasn't a steel toed shoe, but a hard toed shoe. In hindsight I wish I had just ordered another pair of the +POS. I'd like to hear what Tim Christensen thought of the Nike plate shoes he had the opportunity to try this year. Hopefully they'll be put into full production if the test group gave them favorable feedback.

Tim.

SAump Wed Jul 19, 2006 04:42pm

Half size larger!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigUmp56
I still think that it's money well spent on the +POS. I don't care for their service so I tried the Spot Bilts this season and took a fastball off of the toe only to find out that it wasn't a steel toed shoe, but a hard toed shoe. In hindsight I wish I had just ordered another pair of the +POS. I'd like to hear what Tim Christensen thought of the Nike plate shoes he had the opportunity to try this year. Hopefully they'll be put into full production if the test group gave them favorable feedback.
Tim.

I bet you didn't feel enuf vibration either. :cool:

In all seriousness, get well. :o

I just couldn't resist after our disagreements about proper fit and shoe size a few months ago. I put a lot of imaginary made-up stuff in that one which is also one of the reasons I enjoy posting so damn much. But you and others already knew that. :rolleyes: