The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Which is worse

That photo LMan posted on the "coach's tirade" string with the manager barking at the BU has me wondering - which looks worse, combo pants on the bases, or, baseball players with their pants down to their shoes?
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

I see the kIdZ all the time with the Barry 'Roids Bonds look, cutting a hole in the back of their pants cuffs so they can be tucked under their shoe cleats

Just looks silly to me, but then, I figger all was lost when flannel left the scene

I confess to wearing combos on the bases but then I dont care to strip down in the parking lot all that often...there's usually a girls' softball game ongoing at the neighboring field

Playoffs are the only time I see a dressing room.
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Always cracks me up, the kids who style is more important than how they play. There's this one kid on one of the travel teams here, good hitter, coaches son, and wears his pants like that...of course he gets on the bases and he's a total clod, can't score from 3rd on a wild pitch because he's half asleep.

Give me the kid willing to get dirty up at the plate with the game on the line (or at least when up by nine with the tenth run on 3rd) and two outs.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 12:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan
I see the kIdZ all the time with the Barry 'Roids Bonds look, cutting a hole in the back of their pants cuffs so they can be tucked under their shoe cleats
I worked a USSSA tournament a couple of weekends ago and this one team - practically every player who came to the plate was all armored up ala Bonds. I couldn't figure it out - what, were they a bunch of wusses who couldn't stomach being hit by a 14 yearold's fastball? - until I discovered who the team was, and their sponsor - Team Kelley, as in the sporting goods manufacturer. Then it made sense - they're all wearing it because they get it all free.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

i was always a fan of long pants, but not longer than the tops of my cleats
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 08:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeErieUmp
That photo LMan posted on the "coach's tirade" string with the manager barking at the BU has me wondering - which looks worse, combo pants on the bases, or, baseball players with their pants down to their shoes?
Another poster spoke of a problem with +POS not being able to deliver the correct amount or enough of base & plate pants. That photo is evidence of the screw up, according to a poster on another board.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 08:57pm
Official Forum Member

Combo pants on a professional umpire is a ridculous look.

Get to the park early, press your pants and get ready to be treated like a professional. Wasn't the message in the Scabs thread about looking the part?

Aren't the pants free? For godsakes I didn't pay for a pair of pants the whole time I was working pro ball. Even when I got out, the manufacturer took care of me. Get a pair or two for the plate and the same for the bases. I think Tim C. talks about carrying 780 shirts and 650 pairs of pants when he works games. [] If an amateur that has to pay for his gear can do it, why can't the guy who wants to be treated as a professional do the same?