The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 01, 2006, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

Mr. Orange

I took the title to mean:

"If there were no replacement umpires (scabs) then perhaps the strike would be over.

"This means that Adam would have been working games in AAA every day and he would have been sharp and ready for anything.

"Since there are scabs working games and Adam is not working daily it is REALLY the FAULT of the scabs for causing this whole issue."

In closing, the pitch to ARod was a ball, as called by Dowdy, and that was shown clearly by the overhead camera (considered by most to be the most acurate view of pitches in MLB parks). It was all gamesmanship.

Regards,
Old Mon May 01, 2006, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Dowdy belongs there, Period. Though I didn't see the game, it sounds like the ejections were good ones. He's been in big MLB series before and he will again. Since when do we look to ownership to accurately evaluate umpiring talent? Just in case the fact gets missed: Dowdy earned his way there and is just as capable as anyone else who puts on the MLB shirt and cap.

-Benjamin Franklin
Old Mon May 01, 2006, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

That sounds like a lot of conjecture and guessing to me.
Old Mon May 01, 2006, 06:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeump
I am breaking my code of silence already in order to say that I just deleted a majority of my posts, something around 30ish probably. I am not a post whore, nor do I delight in having my unlearned opinion heard on every single subject like many people on this board.

Thanks.
Then stop giving us your unlearned opinion. Then you won't have to go to the trouble of deleting your posts.

Nobody but you could make the leap in logic that Dowdy and scab umpires were in any way related.

BTW, this is an opinion driven forum, and most of the posters here know what they are talking about. If you don't get that, perhaps you are in the wrong place.

Dear Moderator, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon May 01, 2006, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Red face Pin another medal

"I am breaking my code of silence already in order to say that I just deleted a majority of my posts, something around 30ish probably. I am not a post whore, nor do I delight in having my unlearned opinion heard on every single subject like many people on this board."

for grumblings above and beyond the call of duty

Last edited by SAump; Mon May 01, 2006 at 09:14pm.
Old Mon May 01, 2006, 09:36pm

I deserve a medal for not jumping on the "post whore" comment!
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Crazy bottom of ninth ends with A's scoring game winner on error
May 6, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

..........Payton stole his first base -- if you can truly call it that -- in a silly, second-inning play for the A's. Everybody lost track of the pitch count and Payton jogged to second when Johnson headed toward first thinking he had drawn a walk. But it was only ball three. The ball was thrown back to McClung, who glanced to the dugout and saw Maddon hold up three fingers, but by that time it was too late to make a throw and no fielders were covering second base anyway.............

I wonder if Brian O'Nora had an indicator?
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Then stop giving us your unlearned opinion. Then you won't have to go to the trouble of deleting your posts.

Nobody but you could make the leap in logic that Dowdy and scab umpires were in any way related.

BTW, this is an opinion driven forum, and most of the posters here know what they are talking about. If you don't get that, perhaps you are in the wrong place.

Dear Moderator, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
So it is clear, I have not followed this post at all up to this point- it is by accident that i clicked on it and saw the highlighted sentence. You have to be kidding right? MOST of the posters on here DO NOT know what they are talking about. The only justification they have for opening their mouths is that it is an opinion and only that.

-Benjamin Franklin
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 03:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGGY
So it is clear, I have not followed this post at all up to this point- it is by accident that i clicked on it and saw the highlighted sentence. You have to be kidding right? MOST of the posters on here DO NOT know what they are talking about. The only justification they have for opening their mouths is that it is an opinion and only that.
Okay, since the appropriate response to this bullsh*t was deleted by the moderator, I will adjust my comment:

Please feel free not to post here if you do not respect the opinions of others.
I disagree vociferously with many posts I read here, but I still respect the intelligence of the posters.

Some posters on any site have no idea of what they are talking about. I contend that MOST people here do. Most of the umpires here have seen a lot more baseball, and most certainly have umpired more in their lives than the wet-behind-the-ears umpires fresh out of school, or are 2 to 3 years into the pro game ever have. Quit trying to tell us just how great you guys are in comparison to us, and that we are all just a bunch of idiots. It just isn't true.
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 11:54pm

Like I said before, I prefer the term "post prostitute."

BTW, he was referring to you, and here I was defending you. Sheesh.
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

can you then be called a "working guy?"
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 11:59pm

I don't know when to quit, if that's any indication.
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 12:00am
Official Forum Member

well then keep on working those corners

i mean threads