The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Access of the person calling himself thomaswhite has been removed from The Forum, both frontwards and backwards.

I am assured by the technical officer that we will take further steps if needed. The Forum is the last bastion for serious umpires of any size field.

If you discover a troll before we do, alert us: brad -at - rightsports.com.

We appreciate your patience.

[Edited by Brad on Dec 13th, 2005 at 12:05 PM]
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Hey, Carl - he's back, posting as "etihwsamoht"
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

While I hate to see such a drastic step taken, it was unfortunately necessary in this case. I honestly don't think he would have stopped until he got booted.

Cheers to the staff at Officiating.com for properly dealing with this issue. Mr. White was becoming a distraction.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 11:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb "Backwards"

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Hey, Carl - he's back, posting as "etihwsamoht"
That is why he said forwards and backwards.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Watch "newatumpiring", he appeared right after "etihwsamoht" got the boot. Based on his posts it appears that "thomaswhite" (A.K.A. "etihwsamoht") has returned.
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by Justme
Watch "newatumpiring", he appeared right after "etihwsamoht" got the boot. Based on his posts it appears that "thomaswhite" (A.K.A. "etihwsamoht") has returned.
Well, we have the capabiliy of banning an ISP address. If this guy keeps showing up to disturb our peace and tranquility, we'll take further steps. Sooner or later, he will run out of computers.

Of course, newatumpiring may not be the same person, but you're the third poster to alert me to that name.

I'm going to read some of his posts now.
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

I looked at the title "Gone is the Wind" and thought that the Windbag had been given the hook.
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Hey we're umpires

Quote:
Originally posted by newatumpiring
Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Childress
Quote:
Well, we have the capabiliy of banning an ISP address. If this guy keeps showing up to disturb our peace and tranquility, we'll take further steps. Sooner or later, he will run out of computers.

Of course, newatumpiring may not be the same person, but you're the third poster to alert me to that name.

Thanks for the welcome. sheesh.
Just like in umpiring, you have to prove yourself, the welcome comes with time.

Thanks
David
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 04:29pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Quote:

It's not as easy as that. There are plenty of sites out there that will redirect your IP address to make it appear as someone else's. The only thing that minimizes these problems is good moderators. Of which I'm glad I'm not one, anymore.
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Quote:

It's not as easy as that. There are plenty of sites out there that will redirect your IP address to make it appear as someone else's. The only thing that minimizes these problems is good moderators. Of which I'm glad I'm not one, anymore.
Well, locking out IP addresses will deter many, though not all. It's the same as locking your doors and windows and getting an alarm system. If somebody really wants to invest the time and effort to burglarize you, he still will, but it will deter the many others and reduce the likelihood of getting robbed.

If Officialforum has the capablility of blocking certain IP adddresses, they should.

[Edited by GarthB on Dec 13th, 2005 at 05:29 PM]
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Bob,

You still haven't learned...

Hugs,

WWTB