The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue May 15, 2001, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

I am PU by myself (Fed Rules).

B1 bunts down the first baseline right on the chalk. Catcher attempts to pick up the ball but a collision occurs between him and the batter-runner. I called interference on the batter-runner, even though he was in his proper running path, because I felt that he should have ran away from the ball on the ground. I also know that I should have called interference right away but I needed time to think about the play.

1)If you are unsure whether to call interference,obstruction or nothing, is it ok to wait until the play finishes before making a call? There didn't seem to be any harm in delaying the interference call.

2) Since I was working by myself, I was unsure if R1 reached second base at the time of the interference. I gave him second base theorizing that he probably should have reached second at the time of the interference. Was giving him second base the right call or when in doubt keep him at the base from the time of the pitch?

3) Was interference, obstruction or incidental contact the right call in your opinion?

Thanks,

Greg

[Edited by Gre144 on May 15th, 2001 at 08:01 PM]